Solved Calls accidentally transferred to Paging System Snom PA1

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by contoured, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. contoured

Hello,

I have a client with a strange issue that I have been unable to figure out. Essentially, some users have been accidentally transferring outside callers to the PA system. The callers can be heard over the PA but hear the system's music and think they are on hold. The only way to end the call is to log into the PA1's user interface and hang up or physically reboot the device. Obviously this is an acceptable solution. I have tried the following:
    • In the Snom web interface preferences> " Phone ends call after set seconds: 5" This setting does not seem to actually do anything no matter what it is set to.
    • Multicast from a Yealink phone to the Snom directly. I cannot seem to get this to work at all.
    • Looked for a way to prevent the Paging speed dial button on the Yealink from working as a transfer button.
    I'm extremely new to 3CX and am looking for any advice or suggestions.

For those wondering the users are picking up an outside call, and before placing on hold hitting the speed dial for paging extension which automatically transfers the call.

We are running V15.5 in google cloud with an SBC. Yealink T46S phones and snom PA1 all with their default templates, provisioned via Plug and Play.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @contoured

I would recommend removing the speed dial for the paging from the users phones if they accidentally press it as you cannot prevent the call from being transferred if the speed dial is hit.
    Also if this does happen again and you want to end the call you can end it from the management console by navigating to Dashboard and then Numbers of calls in use. The call can also be dropped through the switchboard of either the 3CX client or the web client given the extension has the rights to do so

3. contoured

I ended up figuring out multicast paging and it provides us with the functionality we were looking for. Thank you for the reply!

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear your issue has been resolved and thank you for the update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.