Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Calls automatically hangup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by CCSNET, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCSNET

hi all 1st post on the forum.

downloaded the free version today and implemented it with pretty much no issues EXCEPT

whenever anyone calls in the call get hung up on our end, but the user just hears nothing, any ideas ??

outbound calling works fine, audio in both directions etc... just inbound has an issue

regards

p.s. i'm loving the system much easier to use than FreePBX

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You don't say if you are using a Gateway or VoIP provider. I'm going to guess that it is the later and suggest the you check your router/firewall settings. The 3CX site has all of the info on which ports you need to forward to the PBX. There is also a built in firewall checker, you may want to run that.

3. CCSNET

Hiya

Yes it's a provider, AQL to be precise

Firewall ports are all open and forwarded firewall checker comes back saying everything is ok

Just can't figure it out, logs show call being picked up but the next line is hang up???

Any help would be great

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It might help if you posted a 3CX log of an incoming call. Does the call only drop once it is answered, or will it drop after, say 30 seconds or so, even if it isn't answered? Have you tried connecting the PC running 3CX directly to your modem (Public IP), just to see if the calls complete OK? You may have to end up making use of Wireshark.
    What make/model router are you using? Is there also a firewall program running?

5. CCSNET

Hiya,

I'll post a call log but essentially it hangs up as soon as you answer the call, I havn't let it ring off to voicemail I will try that shortly.

Unfortunatly I can't put this straight on the Internet as it's hosted in our sbs box.

Call path
    Phone(3cx soft phone auto config by URL)
    \/
    3cx hosted on windows sbs2003
    \/
    Cisco Asa 5505 (all ports forwarded-firewall checker comes back fine)
    \/
    Internet
    \/
    aql (voip provider)

Regards

6. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Can you confirm ISA is NOT running on your SBS box? ISA does not play at all with 3cx.

Secondly double check your UDP 9000 range inbound and outbound on the ASA 5505. I have seen people open the wrong ranges, open them one way only and open TCP instead of UDP.

As another check that your 3cx is working ok internally, can you call extension to extension (e.g. 100 to 101)?

If that works ok then we are looking at external firewalls and the 9000 range for RTP as the problem

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. CCSNET

hi all,

ISA isn't on the SBS box, ports are open ok, current thinking is that the provider is terminating the call on when we answer it.

regards

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You provider may be waiting for, but not getting, an acknowledgment message that you have answered the call. That could be why they are dropping it. You might have to resort to Wireshark. If you can, swap routers, or put the PBX on a public IP for a test. If the problem vanishes then suspect a firewall/router issue.

9. jjd

jjd

Hi,

Seeing same problem.
    Am looking at dns,exe which is using all udp ports and clashing with UDP ports 9000-9049.
    By tuning the dns random ports you can make sure all ports around this number are free.

see:-
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/alunj/archive/2008/07/19/1641409.aspx

You can try and reserve the ports or remove the MaxUserPort from tcp/udp parameters etc.
    See:-
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956188/

Seems to have worked for me.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.