Calls between extensions don't work !!! ???

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by exeicom, May 26, 2007.

1. exeicom

I'm testing 3CX again.
    Now I've this problem:
    I make one extension named 10000 and another estension named 10001
    In the first extension is configured a softphone and in the second extension a grandstream voip phone. When I call from the grandstream to softphone, softphone ring but I listen NOTHING.
    If I call from softphone to Grandstream, Grandstream ring and I listen fine.
    Why this ???
    Another thing.... I've a IVM software (configured at extension 50000) which answer all calls from an external geographic voip number.
    After answering, IVM transfer the call to an external (Voip or not Voip) geographic number. When the call is dialing by 3CX, is not dialing to it's default provider (defined by dialing rules), but to another voip provider configured !
    I don't understand how I must configure 3CX to dial on the same line to receive call.
    Thanks to all and sorry for my english :)

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a NAT/Firewall issue, looks like the RTP traffic is not comming through. Make sure you have the correct ports open on your firewall/router. Check how your have your extensions configured if they are internal or external, again these ports need to be open. You can find that info in the general settings.

Let me see if I understand this.....
    Call comes in.
    Is answered by your IVM software
    Message finsishes
    Call must be routed to an other number
    Call gets routed but is using the wrong provider

In your Digital Receptionist you have to enter the forwarding number for the extension 50000
    In outbound rules you configure the prefix required to dial that provider. For example provider 1 is prefix 0, provider 2 is prefix 9.
    The forwarding number in the digital receptionist must have the prefix number infront of it.
    For example 0[external number] will dial provider 1 or for provider 2 9[external number].

Not a problem at all :).

3. exeicom

The secon problem is ok ! Wirh prefix it's work fine.

The first problem is not resolved:

The ADSL router has NAT enabled and have not firewall.
    For softphone is enabled the stun server (stun.voip.eutelia.it) and also for Grandstream phone.
    Are both on the same network. The first have IP 192.168.1.4 and the second 192.168.1.3. The gateway is 192.168.1.1
    When I call from Grandstream to softphone all work fine but when call start from softphone to grandstream, I can't listen.
    How it's possible ???

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bugger, not sure.

Sound almost all the time has to do with the RTP but in your case that is not the issue as all is on the same network.

So next step is:
    Bind the extensions (grandstream and the softphone) to the media server.
    If that does not work.

Make sure your codecs are configured correctly (G711).

Perhaps one of the Granstream users might pop in and tell us about what needs to be set on the granstream.

5. exeicom

Now I try..... last question :

The last question:
    it's possible to have the passwd of database phonesystem user (superuser) to access on?
    I must reindex all with Navicat postgresql but as admin I can't do it...need superuser.
    Thanks.
    Daniele

6. exeicom

Last..last question for my test.

If I have an extension which forward immediatly to an external number, is there a way, in case of the external number not answer, to route the call to another external number ?
    I try with group but, when 3CX group answer, transfer call to the first extension (10000). This extension have the option to forward immediatly to external number but there is no transfer to external number! Ring the second extension of the gorup. Even the secon extension, have setting forward call to external number, but no transfer is done.
    Re-thanks.
    Daniele
    Exeicom

7. John2007

It's grandstream voip phone problem. Make the extension bind to media server will solve the problem. If I do not bind my grandstream phone to media server, I can only call with outside or can only call other extensions (inside).