Calls between two 3CX Phone Systems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by EDCMike, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EDCMike

We are new to 3CX, but really love it. Right now, my boss is at our office in Central America installing our second phone switch. We are working around some of the interswitch calling issues, but there has to be an easier way. So, I'll skip telling you what we've done and ask my question.

What is the best way to call between offices ? Right now, the main office is 1000 based extension and the second office is 2000 based. The two phone switches are connected via a 3CX to 3CX bridge, but we've had to make calling rules to actually allow them to talk to each other. Our biggest problem is how can we dial the second office directly from our main number ?

So, a client calls our main number (456)123-4567 and tries to dial 2010, the call should go directly to the phone in Central America, but it doesn't ? The call is lost and sends back to our "dial all stations" extension on the main switch. Do we create multiple accounts for each extension on each switch ? What's the easiest way to do this ?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

From what I've read in the manual you have to create an access digit to dial before the extension number in the other PBX.

3. EDCMike

I think we had that setup for internal calls from the second switch. They dial 11016, the leading 1 is removed, then it dials me. We had a rule that a four digit number starting with 2 is sent to the other switch. The boss is registering phones is both locations right now, that seems like a lot of work to me.

4. bhavank

bhavank New Member

this same thing can be configured more easily with 3CX system. please check 3CX-3CX bridge function and its details in manual...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.