calls disconnects after silence

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jmatson, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmatson

jmatson New Member

last night i had to call 911. i was put on hold and after few seconds on hold. the phone system disconnected the call.

2. jmatson

jmatson New Member

i found the problem. Inmy 3102 there is PSTN Long Silence Duration. It was set to 30. What should this option be set it

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That's one of the things that requires some trial and error. I've found that some low level conversations can cause a disconnect. If your phone company uses CPC (a short disconnect on the phone line to signal that the called party has hung up) then, theoretically, you should be able to get by with Detect CPC being set to yes. If your phone company sends a reversal (as they sometimes do on some PBX trunks) when the far end answers, then that option (Detect Polarity Reversal) will help detect a disconnect. Sometimes detecting the Disconnect Tone, if the frequency is set correctly for your area (country), is enough.

The trick is to get the 3102 to NOT drop the call until the far end has actually hung up, and it can require some patience to get it right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.