• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Calls drop after 10 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.

markcr0

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm using 3CX PBX v8.0.10116.583 with 2 SPA942's, 2 Sipgate trunks (a DDI per 942) and an SPA-3102 connected to a Virgin analogue line on a flat network 192.168.x.xx addresses.

Both inbound and outbound calls work fine, problem is during a longish call, the call drops after about 10 -or so- mins regardless of which route out I set via the PBX; Sipgate or the Virgin analogue line. At present I have only 1 outbound rule which is to the Virgin line & I don't have any dropped bytes or packets on the SPA-3102.

Was wondering if anyone could suggest a fix?

The fact that it is happening on both outgoing routes suggests that it isn't the trunks dropping the call but something either in 3CX or back towards your set. Does this happen when placing calls from any of your phones? Does the screen on the phone indicate that it "knows" that the call has ended, or are you just left with dead air? Does the 3CX log show a reason for the termination? Have you set up a 3CX softphone and tried calls from that, just to add a different type of set to the mix?

Calls are dropped be either extension. The phone's screen(s) no longer displays the dialed number so knows the call has been dropped however i just get dead air.

I've not tried setting up a soft phone but will do and will make internal calls and see what results I get.

markcr0 said:
Calls are dropped be either extension. The phone's screen(s) no longer displays the dialed number so knows the call has been dropped however i just get dead air.

I've not tried setting up a soft phone but will do and will make internal calls and see what results I get.
Hi Mark,

Welcome to forum :)

Following actions can speedup resolution of the problem:

1. open support ticket. Our support team will help you to identify the problem
2. if 1. is not possible then provide information as requested in http://www.3cx.com/forums/forum-rules-read-to-get-answers-93.html. Forum Community will try to help you to identify the problem
3. In any case send support request to your trunk service provider.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.