• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Calls drop after 15 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

that1guy

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Greetings,

I have a client that reports calls are dropping after 15 minutes. My first thought was ensure SIP ALG has been disabled in their Sonicwall. I have confirmed this has been done. Firewall checker passes and does not detect SIP ALG. Ports seem to be matching so I believe the Sonicwall is configured correctly. The odd thing is, not every call longer than 15 minutes is being dropped. Example: I have users that have successfully made 20+ minute phone calls without issue.

It seems that the issue is mainly affecting outbound calls. Inbound do not show the issue. When I check the call reports, some dropped calls show they were terminated by the user, and some show the call is dropped by the callee.

Any suggestions for what I can check?

Hi,

are you able to attach 3cx log or pcap for one of the problematic calls?

Is this a Yealink model? We had an issue where users in our other office connecting via bridge were dropping calls around the 15 minute mark. Troubleshooted the problem for days and nothing.

Contacted Yealink who gave me the latest firmware for the phone which resolved the issue. Hope this helps!

Who is your SIP provider? I had an issue with a customers calls cutting off after 15 minutes, turned out Voiceflex had put a 15 minute session timer on the SIP Trunk. Strange thing was the PCAP and call logs showed it as the caller hanging up but its not happened since they disabled the session timer.

@crookedsysadmin I am using Yealink phones. I will check the firmware and see if that's the culprit.

@Philip Darnell SIP provider is Flowroute. Did Voiceflex have to disable the session timer or were you able to do so?

I had to get them to disable the session timer. Worth just mentioning the problem to your SIP providers tech support to see if it is

I also suspect a session-timer, but technically speaking phones should respond to the session timer normally. If you can tell me the Yealink make/model/firmware you are having this with, I can test against a flowroute account and see if there is something that can be done about this.

@NickD_3CX Yealink SIP-T41s Firmware 66.81.0.20

Hi,

are you able to attach 3cx log or pcap for one of the problematic calls?
No, the pbx is an AWS instance that I do not have access to

Assuming you are running 3CX V15.5 SP1, the firmware you should have installed for the Yealink T41S is 66.81.0.110. First, update the firmware of the phone via the Management Console and try again. If for whatever reason you can't do it from the Management Console, you can get the firmware from here to do it manually: https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/

Now if this doesn't work, then as mixig said, we'd need logs and captures. Again, assuming you are running V15.5 SP1, you can get both logs and capture from the Management Console. this aside though, I would recommend not posting any of the logs publicly as they may contain data that you don't want to be public. You can sent them to user via PM if you want. FYI, the capturing capability in the MC is in Dashboard --> Activitity Log.

If the above doesn't work, I wouldn't mind having a look of a packet capture containing a full call from beginning to the point where it dropped if you are willing to share it.

Assuming you are running 3CX V15.5 SP1, the firmware you should have installed for the Yealink T41S is 66.81.0.110. First, update the firmware of the phone via the Management Console and try again. If for whatever reason you can't do it from the Management Console, you can get the firmware from here to do it manually: https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/

Now if this doesn't work, then as mixig said, we'd need logs and captures. Again, assuming you are running V15.5 SP1, you can get both logs and capture from the Management Console. this aside though, I would recommend not posting any of the logs publicly as they may contain data that you don't want to be public. You can sent them to user via PM if you want. FYI, the capturing capability in the MC is in Dashboard --> Activitity Log.

If the above doesn't work, I wouldn't mind having a look of a packet capture containing a full call from beginning to the point where it dropped if you are willing to share it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will start with firmware and see what happens. I did see one user on a 30+min call this morning, the issue is just really odd to me.

@crookedsysadmin I am using Yealink phones. I will check the firmware and see if that's the culprit.

@Philip Darnell SIP provider is Flowroute. Did Voiceflex have to disable the session timer or were you able to do so?

Ours was T27G model. From what I remember, I had to contact Yealink to get their firmware which wasnt available to 3CX at that point or maybe it still isnt.

The link provided by NickD works. I grabbed the 66.81.0.110 and uploaded to one problematic phone. Made a 20 min outbound call without any problems. I'll get the other phones updated and we will see what happens.

Updating firmware seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Hi that1guy,

Please keep an eye on it and let us know if it happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albert.f
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.