• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Calls drop after 30 secs

Status
Not open for further replies.

abumelle

Reaction score
I recently installed 3CX but calls drop after exactly 30sec. I had the same problem with X-lite thats why i changed to 3CX. On my old laptop (XP) things go smoothly, but on the newone (vista) all outward calls get cut off after 30 secs.
Help!

Hi,

Calls dropping after 30 seconds most of the time result in one having NAT issues, when a call is made the server sends "ok SDP" whereby the entity on the other end of the line must respond with "ACK " if it does not receive it, it will drop the call after 30 seconds. Please collect the output of the firewall checker and post it. What router are you using?

Problem solved.
Changed router/modem from Thomson Speedtouch 716 to Fritzbox and that seems to be a good enough solution. Thanks.

I have the same problem. What is the best course of ation to try and resolve the issue?

I have checked the log and it say ACK not recived.

I am using a Sky router. To try and resolve the issue I have set the DMZ to the IP address of the 3CX server

HI,

Make sure the router has no SIP helpers on, they rarely help. I have no experience with a sky router, so im not sure how well they work in terms of SIP messaging.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am unable to change me ADSL router as the service provider will not provide me with the user name and password that I require to log onto the ADSL account.

OK I have managed to resolve the issue.

The server has 2 Nics. I had dedicated one to be used by 3CX. As soon as I disabled the second nic and restared the the 3CX service all is fine.

I hope this helps other users that are having the same problem.

But it dose lead to so concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy_53
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.