Calls Drop as soon as dialled or when end user picks up !

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by d.barnbrook, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d.barnbrook

Guys,

We have an intermitant issue here with a new installation where when users dial a number from their handsets the call cuts out straight away which almost looks like it doesnt even try to dial the number and also sometimes it does dial the number but as soon as the other end picks up the call cuts out...

I have experienced this too on my extension , it happens quite often and everyone is obviously getting very frustrated with this.

I have some logs that I captured within 3CX event viewer of a particular extension that was trying to call and external number quite a few times with this same issue, i can PM the logs to anyone who is willing to take a look and maybe shed some light on it for me.

Thanks in advance......

2. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Re: Calls Drop as soon as dialled or when end user picks up

Show me the logs. Send PM.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Re: Calls Drop as soon as dialled or when end user picks up

Can you provide some info about your system please? The following would be helpful ...
    a) I assume that the calls you describe are to outside numbers, and you done't get this happening when you call another extension - Correct?
    b) What kind of trunk lines are you connecting your 3CX to?
    c) Have you opened the ports in your router firewall according to 3CX recommendations ?? i.e. ...
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/draytek-firewall-voip/ ... This is for a Draytek, but ports apply to any router / firewall.
    d) Have you configured 3CX to use the static IP address of the DSL service, or STUN access?
    e) What type of phones do you have attached to the 3CX?
    f) Have you tried this same test using a 3CX soft-phone?
    [download & install from here ... http://www.3cx.com/VOIP/voip-phone.html ]
    g) Do you get the same problem with any incoming calls??

best regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.