Calls drop out

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jsz, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsz

jsz

Hi all,
    Using 3CX 6.1.0 with Linksys SPA 3102 ATAs.
    Problem is calls drop out after about 2 minutes - not 100% consistent with time.
    Calls made using ATA only do not drop out.
    My conclusion is that it's something in 3CX.
    Log just says Call is terminated.

Does anyone have any pointers where I should look?
    John

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

John,
    You can find a lot of information here http://wiki.3cx.com/ . (Link to this page at the top on the main page of forums http://www.3cx.com/forums/</a>)

There is a kind of conflict between two selected sentences:
    1. Calls made using ATA only do not drop out. [so SPA must be initiator of "drop out", isn't it?]
    2. My conclusion is that it's something in 3CX. [May be you are right, but PBX is not "initiator" of call "drop out", it handles requests received from participants (for example, request to drop the call). in your case, both participants are behind the SPA , isn't it?]

Is it possible to formulate your conclusion as "it's something in SPA configuration"?

You can search on forum. There are a lot of posts and threads which describe how to configure the PSTN gateway to correctly handle signals received from PSTN line.

One of threads is here http://www.3cx.com/forums/voice-mail-holding-up-pstn-line-9518.html
    It is not related to SPA, but it highlights the one of the common problems related to PSTN gateway configuration.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jsz

jsz

Hi Stepan,

Perhaps I was not clear.
    Situation A = No 3CX being used, ATA set up to use external sip provider direct - calls do not drop out.
    The only change make to ATA is the sip and user/password.

Situation B = 3CX being used - ATA is using 3CS as sip, CX3 is setup with a number of different sip providers - same case regardless which one is used - calls drop out after about 2 minutes.
    I have followed the ATA setup guides and all matches

EXCEPT - Now, just today, I made a call via 3CX and call did not drop out. This has happened before but is less often than the dropped calls.
    Can this be a buffer or load problem?
    John

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

John,

Ok, now I see that my information is not related to your problem.
    It is better to provide log for such kind of unsuccessful calls and describe call scenario in detail (call is initiated by... handled by device... delivered to PBX line/extension... delivered to line(device)... and so on) this two pieces of information may help somebody to help you.
    try to make/receceve call to/from SPA and to/from VoIP provider, but using local extension. It may "bound" the area of your investigation.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I just had 3 calls today drop after 3 to 4 minutes. They were incoming using the PSTN section of the 3102. 3CX log just said that the call had ended. I'm suspecting the 3102, perhaps the audio level was too low and it thought the PSTN side had hung up. The Linksys ATA devices have the ability to send detailed logs to a syslog server running on a computer (fixed IP address) on your network. It is highly recommended for determining exactly what is causing the problem.

A freeware syslog program can be downloaded here: http://www.solarwinds.com/register/kiwi_registration.aspx?Program=874&c=70150000000EIV7

6. ciscotech2007

LInksys SPA 3102 is not a reliable unit. Grab a Patton and you will have much better reliability and performance.

You get exactly what you pay for.

---------------------------

If you want to spend hours with your SPA.

-Backup configuration
    -Wipe 3102 configuration completely
    -Find LATEST STABLE 3102 firmware
    -Load new firmware
    -Follow 3CX Wiki on linksys 3102 3CX configuration of both FXO and FXS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.