Calls dropped after aprox 30 sec

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by The Mixer, Sep 8, 2007.

1. The Mixer

I’m trying to get the free edition running as a VoIP gateway and I’ve got it to do what I need, but I’ve got a problem I can’t solve myself.

When answering a call on an ATA box or a softphone connected to 3CX, all the calls are dropped after aprox 30 seconds and I can’t find out why.
    I’ve tried to search the forums for an answer, none the solutions posted solved my problem tho.

When a call is made trough the server, the log contains:

01:33:47.281 StratLink::eek:nHangUp [CM104001] Call(3): Ln:10000@Musimi hung up call; cause: unknown
    01:33:15.187 CallLegImpl::eek:nConnected [CM103001] Call(3): Created audio channel for Ext.1001 (192.168.10.20:24718) with third party (87.54.25.116:15328)
    01:33:15.171 StratInOut::eek:nConnected [CM104005] Call(3): Setup completed for call from Ln:10000@Musimi to Ext.1001
    01:33:15.171 CallLegImpl::eek:nConnected [CM103001] Call(3): Created audio channel for Ln:10000@Musimi (87.54.25.116:15328) with third party (192.168.10.20:24718)
    01:33:13.984 CallConf::eek:nProvisional [CM103003] Call(3): Ext.1001 is ringing
    01:33:13.718 CallConf::eek:nIncoming [CM103002] Call(3): Incoming call from xxxxxxxx (Ln:10000@Musimi) to sip:xxxxxx@musimi.dk

The calls gets dropped when using an softphone (X-Lite) or an ATA box (Linksys PAP2T) and it’s only incoming calls that’s been dropped.

I’ve tried to connect the line I use to 3CX PBX, directly to my VoIP provider (when doing that, the only settings changed is server, username and password) and the calls are not dropped.

The PBX is running on an 20Mbit/1Mbit ADSL.

Does anyone know who I can solve this??

TIA

2. lorydozio

we have the same problem: did you resolve it?

3. The Mixer

No, I never got it solved, I didn't use that much time on the problem tho, because I had to remove my own Apache install, to get access to 3CX's Apache install and I wanted to keep my own Apache installation.

I've changed to Axon (http://www.nch.com.au) instead - it miss some nice things 3CX has, like the line status page, where you can see, witch extensions is connected to the PBX and the status on the external lines, but it doesn't drop calls and that's more important than a line status page is.

4. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Not going to be much help to you now but I did have a similar problem and could not find a fault anywhere. I eventually treated it like a Bill Gates product - I un-installed it (after a backup), rebooted, made sure directory was gone, re-installed and restored from backup. Makes no sense really but works fine since. Maybe sometime you may want to give 3CX another try, especially after another month when v4 should be out, there is really no competitor to it :lol:

5. lorydozio

incoming calls dropped after 30 sec

We have tried several configurations then, unespectedly, our 3cx software starts to run very well.
    I've changed this parameters in the configuration of the Patton that we use
    (italian version of the 3cx software : "linee", "gestione", "gestione provider e gateway", select the line of the "patton" and edit it ):
    section "Capacità del gateway", "supporta l'opzione re-invite": checked
    section "Altre opzioni", "il dispositivo è esterno":unchecked
    section "Altre opzioni", "Consegna Audio del PBX":unchecked
    section "Altre opzioni", "Usa l'IP del campo 'Contatti' per riconoscere la sorgente":checked
    In the configuration of the voip provider (italian version of the software : "linee", "gestione", "gestione provider e gateway", select the line of the "voip line" and edit it )i've changed:
    section "impostazioni di registrazione","Tempo tra i tentativi di registrazione (in secondi)": changed from 3600 to 240
    I hope that this could help somebody else
    Thank you

Lory

6. The Mixer

If I can get the drop calls problem solved and if 3CX can use an already installed Apache for it's config, then I'll try it again.
    But if I have to remove the web server, to get access to 3CXs config, then there's not much point in trying it again.
    Hope there's changes in V4, so I don't have to remove the already installed Apache.

7. The Mixer

Re: incoming calls dropped after 30 sec

Think I've already tried that, but is not 100% sure, tried to change lot's of things in the config, when I played around with 3CX to get it to not drop calls, but will make a note about it and try it when/if I'll try to get it running again.

Thanx for the info.

8. Urbok

Urbok New Member

ave you looked if it drops also if another incoming call arrives?

9. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Urbok I saw your post elsewhere on the incoming call problem - I use ATAs and softphones, no actual IP phones, and I get a call waiting tone if a second call occurs, no dropped calls. Since I couldn't provide any real help I did not answer before.

10. The Mixer

The number I was testing on, was a brand new (well for me it was ;) ), so there was no incoming calls.
    To be sure that there wasn't somebody calling the old owner of the number, I checked my VoIP providers log files and there is no other incoming calls, than those I made to test 3CX.

11. malcm

dropped calls

Try switching off supports re-invite in the voip providers section

12. julius

I looked at AXON but 3CX is better for me and easy to configure

13. julius

Re: dropped calls

I don't have any voip provider right now and I'm still testing it. Eveytime I call another extension it drops at 30 sec.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is the re-registration of voip.

Are you using NAT somewhere on your network?

15. julius

Yes I am using NAT with DHCP

16. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Original problem described in following line of log:

87.54.25.116:15328 - external address
    192.168.10.20:24718 - local address

PBX connects these endpoints directly.

Resume:
    PBX configuration doesn't correspond to device settings and network configuration

Regards

17. julius

for some reason my softphone x-lite start working. I didn't do anything. I still have to test it

18. aznxbandit

Is there a solution to this "DROPPED CALLS ISSUE?"

19. npiersma

I think Henk is on the right track.

If I am correct your external calls drop. If so, get a proper firewall/NAT devices. It looks like your NAT device maybe hops ports or drops ports.

When using the internet to place calls, we've seen a lot of issues with symetric nat firewalls. Please keep away from SNAT firewalls. They won't work with SIP.

We had a DFL-700 giving us major headaches. We replaced it by a Cisco ASA 5505 and have not seen any issues afterwards.

Niels

20. aznxbandit

Indeed, the cause of dropped calls was Firewall (Gateway) issue. I have 3cx installed on a server that has two nic cards. One nic is connected to the internal network, and the other connected to the internet.

I have the GXW-4108 installed on the internal network. To eliminate hops between the 3cx and the 4108 device, I configured both devices not to use any gateway. I just assigned an IP on both devices with the same subnet mask and it seems to have solved the dropped calls issue.

Hope this helps other users out there.

-allan-