• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Calls Dropping Randomnly

Status
Not open for further replies.

derekvw

Reaction score
I've solved our ACK not received issue, but now I have a problem where incoming calls are dropping.

I've attached a packet trace for one such call that dropped.

upload_2017-3-24_9-42-51.png

Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Is this happening on one, or more than one set/device?

The issue seems to be organization wide.

The phone call can last up to any length of time. 40 seconds, 3 minutes, etc.

I did some testing, and the 3CX client or phone drops the call, but it never hangs up on the other end.

I've fixed that issue, but now I'm getting unsupported media type. This seems to be happening on every other call. This doesn't make any sense to me since we haven't made any changes to the media type and it's worked fine for the past 2 years.

How did you fix the dropped calls issue? I am experience a similar problem office wide, the logs show user hangup. But users are not hanging up. All calls are going through a PSTN 4 line gateway to analog lines, so they are not going through the firewall at all.

upload_2017-5-11_12-53-47.png

I have been in discussed for days with 3cx support, but they are so far unable to see anything wrong. An office of 21 phones and are getting 10-20 dropped calls out of about 80 per day.

Any suggestions

On your gateway, what are you using for a disconnect "signal"? In some cases the gateway can be set to detect silence and after a set time, then disconnect. I have found that calls connected to music on hold can drop as the background music is not loud enough for the call to be recognised any longer as valid. If your PSTN provider offers a disconnect signal (loss of battery for a second), then I would be sure that the gateway is set to use only that method as it is the most reliable,

What do you mean by disconnect signal?

These calls are hanging up mid sentence too, the quality of the voice is loud and clear.

upload_2017-5-11_14-50-48.png

These are the only settings for the tones, is this what you are referring to?

It may not be a disconnect signal issue, but i have seen problems when a silence period was used as one "trigger". A gateway will usually have three different disconnect signal options (sometimes less)...long silence, disconnect tone, or CPC, which is a voltage drop from the central office on the phone line when the far end has hung up,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.