• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Calls Dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

jens.uffhaus

Reaction score
Hi All

My first post here ... I am a newbie to 3CX but am well experienced in many IT systems ...

We have a 3CX Phone Systems (v10.0) (Free Edition) with a Patton SN4114 as a Gateway. A replacement for an old Asterisk/Digium system (We are more Windows orientated these days).

For the most part all seem to be working well other than a strange situation that I am unable to track down thus far ...

Outbound calls seem to get dropped at "random". Sometimes after the first actual ring on the other end, sometimes after two or three rings, sometimes only a few seconds into an actual conversation, and other times everything works just fine.

The "Server Activity" node simply says "Call Terminated" ... How can I figure out in more detail why the call was ended when neither party did anything other than talk.

The problem persists across most phones, soft or hard. We use 3CX for Windows, iPhone and Android, as well as a Siemens Gigaset and some users are still on xLite. All phones have the problem at "random".

I know no-one will be able to tell me why the calls are being dropped but I need to figure out where I can get the detail of why. Was the line dropped? Was the TCP/UDP connection dropped? Is the issue on the Phone, Server or Gateway?

I'm in the dark at the moment, can anyone lend me a flashlight?

Much appreciated fellow 3CX users.

Kind Regards
Jens Uffhaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.