Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Calls Dropping

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Benjamin Kirby, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin Kirby

Incoming calls go to the receptionist. If the receptionist does not answer it forwards to a ring group. If the ring group does not answer the call is forwarded to the receptionist voicemail. This is where it gets interesting. The caller can hear the voicemail greeting but after the beep that prompts the caller to start speaking the call is dropped. Any ideas as to why this is happening. All help is greatly appreciated.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the 3CX Activity log to see which end is dropping the call. There may be a reason as to why it is happening. You could route the call to a different final destination temporarily, such as an extension, or a different voice mail, to see if the behaviour is different.

3. Benjamin Kirby

Currently i have the calls forwarding to an outside line. That is working. However, Lets say i call from extension 200 to extension 201. I get the voicemail recording and it still drops after the beep. So confused.

4. Benjamin Kirby

01/04/2017 10:51:04 AM - Leg L:28.5[VMail:9999] is terminated: Cause: BYE from 127.0.0.1:5483

This is what i am seeing in the activity log

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Do calls to any voicemail boxes work, or do all VM calls drop? If so, check to see if all services are running. Did this problem just start recently, of has it never worked properly. Perhaps there is an issue when attempting to write the VM file to the disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.