• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Calls Dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigD

Customer
Reaction score
Hi,

We are currently experiencing an issue where random calls will drop and can't see a pattern to it. It does seem to be isolated to mobile / web clients the physical handsets seem fine.

The calls will go through the call flow design and hit the queue's fine, the logs show the call as answered but disconnects the caller either straight away or within 10 - 15 seconds of being answered. This is only happening on a small number of calls. Has anyone ever seen this or have any suggestions please?

Some details on the setup:
  • Currently running on version 16.0.7.1078
  • Running on a dedicated server within our datecentre sat behind a MikroTik firewall
  • Has a dedicated WAN address and SIP ALG is disabled on the firewall
  • Calls come in via the datacentre's SBC and go out via our own SBC
Thanks
Craig

Hi @CraigD,

I believe you've tested this with external calls to your CFD, does it happen with internal calls as well?

Are the Mobile clients using wifi and are the web clients connecting from an external location by chance?

Does this happen on Update 8?

Thankyou for the response @VasilisV_3CX

This has only been reported to affect external calls internal seem to be fine.

The mobile clients are using wifi, both the external clients and the web clients are remote workers.

We haven't yet upgraded to Update 8 but I couldn't see in the release notes for version 8 that there was a specific bug fix for this issue.

That makes sense. May I suggest that you try to update to update 8 and continue monitoring?

Remember to take a back up just in case before updating.

@VasilisV_3CX I will look to schedule this update in and update the post once it's done and we know one way or the other if it has resolved the issue. Again thank you for the quick response

Reactions: VasilisV_3CX
@VasilisV_3CX We updated the server last week on Wednesday evening and have been monitoring it since. So far there have been no reports of calls cutting off or dropping after connecting so it seems the latest update resolves this issue. Thank you for the assistance

Reactions: NickD_3CX
We're very happy to hear that! Marking this as resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.