Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Calls forbidden after IP change

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Dezso Sajer, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dezso Sajer

Hi All,
    I am looking for help in the following topic: We have 3CX v15 Pro installed. I was able to set up a test system, and now I would like to start to add phones and extension to the system. I can do everything fine, the phones are registered, they have the green circle on the right side of them in the 3CX manager.
    But I cannot make any phone calls. At this stage I just want to call another extension from my extension, but I have the error message "Forbidden".
    I have the same error message with all the extension, and for softphones, and IP phones as well.
    I presume this happens because I changed the IP address of the 3CX server. How can I resolve this issue?
    Tanks for any help in advance.

2. Panayiotis_3CX

Panayiotis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

3. Dezso Sajer

Hi,
    It is local Ip has been changed

4. Panayiotis_3CX

Panayiotis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@Dezso Sajer,

In this case, you will have to perform a backup without Licence Key and FQDN, uninstall and re-install 3CX Phone System and restore your backup file.
    Please note that the Backup location should not be in one of the 3CX folders as they are deleted in the uninstall procedure. Select another location such as your desktop.

Please let us know if any issue comes up.

5. Dezso Sajer

Thank you,
    problem solved

6. Dezso Sajer

Actually I just received an email :

The FQDN you configured at installation time is not linked to the license key which is currently activated. As a result, video conferences cannot work. Activate the license used at FQDN creation time or re-install and use your new license key and link it to a new FQDN.

In the license settings evrything looks fine. I checked the number of the license, and it is fine.
    The license status is activated. I cannot test if the video function works at this stage.
    Should I do something about this?

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Please navigate to your license tab and click on Edit and then ok. Also send me the license key used and the FQDN in a private message so we can check if everything is ok. Do not post these information in the forum, send them only through a private message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.