• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Calls "forbidden" on 3CX softphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmathers

Reaction score
Vali_3CX locked my earlier topic (probably because I dared to criticise 3CX), so I've been forced to post a new topic and seek assistance from the community.

We have the latest COMMERCIAL (yes...we pay for this product, and we pay for annual update insurance) release of the 3CX PBX installed. We are still using the Version 3.1 softphones, because they are relatively easy to use and we didn't feel the need to upgrade all 45 or so machines that we have in our office. We also strongly dislike the new softphone design (and note that you still have to run the Assistant as a separate application).

Nonetheless, the Version 3.1 softphone has stopped working (for some unknown reason) on my Windows 7 machine. It was working perfectly previously.

I have uninstalled and installed the latest softphone release, but using EXACTLY the same settings as before, I now cannot connect to the PBX and all calls are "forbidden".

Here is the debugging info from the phone:

DX:MP3 Writer initialized
DX:MP3 Encoder initialized
DX:FFDShow not present
Integration with 3CX Call Assistant is OFF
Translation file OK
Attempting to connect pbx
Phone got as local port 53557
Plantronics not connected
Jabra not connected
Yealink not connected
RTP engine OK
SIP engine OK
Sound mic device OK [{CD5ABDCB-002A-40D5-A81A-D0907B8D9EDC}]
Sound ring device OK [{84A7AE98-D823-48B9-B189-8D4F657F68F9}]
Sound speaker device OK [{84A7AE98-D823-48B9-B189-8D4F657F68F9}]
Phone is now connected
Phone is no longer connected
Translation file OK
Phone got as local port 59536
Jabra not connected
Yealink not connected
RTP engine OK
SIP engine OK
Phone is now connected
Video calls not allowed
Forbidden
Video calls not allowed
Forbidden

Internally, we have "pbx" resolved to the server running 3CX (i.e. 192.168.10.11), so phone settings are as follows:

Extension: 110
ID: 110
Password: XXXX
I am in the office - local IP = "pbx"

Any ideas as to why, with exactly the same settings as the old phone, this new version of the 3CX softphone has all calls "forbidden"? Why does it say "video calls are not allowed", when I'm only trying to make a voice call?

Thanks in advance,

Lee

A couple of questions...

lmathers said:
Phone got as local port 59536

Why not port 5060?

What, if anything, does the 3CX server log show after an attempted registration?

lmathers said:
Vali_3CX locked my earlier topic (probably because I dared to criticise 3CX), so I've been forced to post a new topic and seek assistance from the community.

We have the latest COMMERCIAL (yes...we pay for this product, and we pay for annual update insurance) release of the 3CX PBX installed.
Lee

This section clearly states "3CX does NOT provide technical support via this forum." As a licensed user you are, I suggest you to also use the "3CX partner forum". Also, as a licensed user you're, I suggest you to post there the ticket number you have regarding your issue, it's not difficult at all. I promise I will take care. Hope you will do this.

vali

Vali_3CX said:
Lee

This section clearly states "3CX does NOT provide technical support via this forum." As a licensed user you are, I suggest you to also use the "3CX partner forum". Also, as a licensed user you're, I suggest you to post there the ticket number you have regarding your issue, it's not difficult at all. I promise I will take care. Hope you will do this.

vali

Hi Vali,

I'm not after technical support from 3CX. I'm after assistance from the community. I thought that was what this forum was for? The alternative is that we just "discuss" the softphone, but don't ask questions or seek assistance? Can you please advise?

I'm still experiencing this issue and the only way I've found around it is to steal a Polycom phone from another of my staff. I'm not using the softphone but would dearly like to be able to again.

We have upgrade insurance a paid for a commercial release, but we did not pay for support, which is an "added extra". Hence my posting of the issue here on the forum. Seeking the assistance of the community.

The issue is also not just related to me and my machine. It has now spread to another user when we installed the latest softphone release on another Windows 7 machine.

The softphone will initially say that it is "connected", but then any calls out are "forbidden". After a few minutes, it then shows as "not connected". Here again is the debugging info:

DX:MP3 Writer initialized
DX:MP3 Encoder initialized
DX:FFDShow not present
Translation file OK
Phone got as local port 58929
Jabra not connected
Yealink not connected
RTP engine OK
SIP engine OK
Phone is now connected
Video stream will be received on 192.168.10.139:40004
Forbidden

I am desperate to get this issue fixed. Can anyone assist?

Thanks in advance.

Lee

"Forbidden" error got when calling (therefore, after a successful registration) most probably means a "domain" issue. What it means - your PBX has been configured as having a specific domain name - I don't have a PBX right now, but as far as I remember this field is available in Settings/Advanced tab, "Local SIP domain" in the Management console. If this one is different than the IP/computer name, then you have to specify it in the phone's In-Office field, and the IP/computer name in the proxy field.

Vali, despite all of the bad things I may have said about you in the past, you are brilliant.

Thank you so much for your help.

Cheers,

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.