Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Calls forwarded to users cell phones show the office phone # calling, not the customer's

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Erik Olsen, Feb 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik Olsen

Hi everyone,

Can someone please let me know where the setting for this is? We have it set so that all calls ring the 3CX Softphone as well as our cellular phones, with 95% of the calls being answered on the cell phones. For myself and 3 other users, any time someone calls our office line and dials our extension, the 3CX phone rings, as does our cell phone and our cell phone displays the original caller ID name and number.

However, for all the rest of my staff (10 other users), whenever this happens, instead of the customer's caller ID being passed to the cell phone, it shows our office main DID calling as the number with no name, so it looks like an employee calling, you answer, and it's actually a customer.

Where is this setting to change it so that it works properly for all users? And before anyone goes off about not being allowed to forward caller ID like most posts on here I found when searching, we are in Canada and you can send any caller ID you want, with cell phones also supporting name display as well. As it works for half of the users and not the other half it must be a setting somewhere even though I don't recall ever changing anything like that. Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Depending on your provider, there are a number of outbound settings for the trunk that will affect caller ID. Have a read through this.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/caller-id-on-forwarding-external-call.47746/

Keep track of the original settings before changing anything as there may be undesired consequences that may not be discovered immediately..

Name display, on a mobile (other than that stored internally), can be hit and miss. There are a lot of factors in the network that will determine when or if it will work.

#2 leejor, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  3. Erik Olsen

Thanks. Name isn't so much an issue, it does work very well but it's more the number that's the issue. It just shows our office # calling always so you never know if it's an external caller or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.