Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

calls from analog line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by birka, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birka

hi
    i have configured 3cx phone system and it's work fine
    i dont connect to any service provider
    and i want to add an analog line for exteranl calls (to other analog line)
    if i got it right, i need an FXO gateway(like - spa 3102) ,connet it to my analog line
    configure it as a pstn at the 3cx phone system managment
    make rules that says for example if you dial 9XXXXXXX ( 9 - at the beginnig of the number)
    go to the pstn device (spa 3102)
    configured the spa 3102
    and thats it ? now i can make an exteranl calls (to other analog line) from my VOIP-phone ?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes, that's pretty much it.

You may have to do some tweaking on the outbound rules to get all types of numbers to work in your calling area/country.

3. birka

ok thanks
    is there away to configure an analog line with FXO card on my server (like modem)?
    and use it for exteranl calls without the need for PSTN device ?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Here is a link to the supported gateway devices.. https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

I haven't looked through it for a while but there may be a PCI type analogue gateway card that will work with 3CX. The problem with trying to use that type of device is, most don't support just one line, so if that is all you want to use, it's a bit of overkill. Many PC card gateways don't work with Windows. Keep in mind that just because a device isn't on 3CX's supported list, that doesn't mean it won't work. It just means that it has not been tested and you are on your own in getting it to work.

You can't use a modem card.

5. willow

willow Member

Sangoma makes PC I cards though they are expensive. If you are looking at one line. Then check out a grand stream Ht503

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Try also Cisco (Linksys) SPA-3102 - probably the best analog gateway.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.