• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Calls from Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaro

Reaction score
In order to make a call from my PC I have to dial 9 first. I wouldn't like to modify all my Outlook contacts for that reason as it would take ages. Is there any way around?
Thanks
yaro

Sounded promising but doesn't work. I couldn't put the '=' sign into the 'to access..' field so I typed just the number 9 in there. Also I've got 020 in the area code field as it is required. When the phone call starts there is no 9 in front of the number though. Apparently I'm doing something wrong.
yaro

I'm affraid it won't work. From what I've found out Outlook requires area code like 020 typed in into Contacts in special format like (020) 55555555 called a canonic form or something. So the area code must be in brackets and the 'to access an outside...' needs to be set to 9 or 9,
That's all fine but what about mobile numbers and nombers in different area codes. No idea how to set that up so to get 9 in front of all the numbers disregarding area codes. Also I couln'd find any info on how to automatically change all my Contacts numbers into the canonic format.
Thanks
yaro

I've got it to work and it works beautifully.

• Go to phone/modem options in the Windows Control Panel
  • Add your location (edit if already exists) with the following:
  • Pull down appropriate Country/Region
  • Assign area code
  • Under dialing rules, enter 9 for "To access an outside line for local..."
  • Under dialing rules, enter 9 for "To access an outside line for long-distance..."
  • Click on the "Area Code Rules" tab
  • Click "New" and enter the appropriate information on how to handle a call in the listed area code

You can add rules for each area code that you enter. Windows will apply long distance rules for any area code not already defined.

Let me know how this goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.