Calls from Phones DDI

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by runnerpaul, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. runnerpaul

Hi,

I have a Grandstream GXP2120 phone that is connected to 3CX.

I have noticed that on a few occasions there is a missed call from that phones DDI to the extension number. This has even happened late in the evening on a few occasions when nobody was in the office.

In the phone missed call log in MyPhone the name appears as DDI 028 1234 5678:0(its actually the correct DDI number. I just put 1234 5678 here as I don't want to put up the real number) and the number is 0.

Does anybody know what might be causing this?

Cheers
    Paul

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Is it just this one phone?
    I would start by changing the authentication password of the extension to ensure it wasn't hacked.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ccomley

What Craig said.

Also, check the logs.

3CX's own log should show the call. If you know the approx time and date you can soon identify the individual call. The log should show where it (really) originated.

Names appearing for numbers or vice-versa suggests the "incoming" and "outgoing" parameters for the Sip Trunk may be incorrect. But don't go tinkering unless you're sure. Do names and numbers look right for your normal everyday calls?

4. runnerpaul

Thanks guys. Where do I change the password?

I checked the logs and saw the following.

Any idea what it means?

5. ccomley

Remember the oldest entry is at the bottom. It shows an incoming call from your Sip Trunk (Extn number 10000) to extension 2222. I *assume* that 10.9.0.59 is YOUR 3cx (natted) IP address? It's odd for an incoming call to be to an extension number, not to a phone number. But some sip trunks work differently.

You change the password for an extension in the main Edit Extension screen. Of course you need to change the password in the phone as well or it will no longer be able to log in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.