Calls get disconnected after 15 minutes

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ptakers, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ptakers

After a thorough serach, I am unable to find any information, so I'm hoping someone here has an idea of what I can do.

The issue: Our 3CX calls get disconnected after 15 minutes, almost exactly to the second. All callers on the line as well as my line (the 3CX line) gets an immediate dial tone.

I don't see any settings anywhere that determine the max length of a call. I do have the KeepAlive turned on, but that's not making any difference.

We are running Windows Server 2010, 3CX Phone System v9.0.15781.949

EDIT: SIP provider is NexVortex

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Does the 3CX log give any clues as to which end initiates the termination?

3. ptakers

Not that I can tell - I've attached the log file

Attached Files:

4. trinity

I had this and could find no reason for it.
    This was on a V9 install. When I updated to V10 SP4, the issue went away.

5. willow

willow Member

Some sip trunk providers have a setting to limit the length of a call. You may be able to find it on the web portal for nexvortex. Also nexvortex uses a unique setup in the sip setup messages come from a different IP address then the rtp packets do. This can wreck havoc on the router/firewall that you are using. It may be best if you allow that rtp address to be allowed through the firewall. I had the same issuewith nexvortex, outbound would be fine but inbound would disconnect after an exact amount of time because the firewall was blocking it until I allowed this setting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ptakers

Thanks for the quick responses. I'm going to open a ticket with nexVortex today and if that doesn't yield results I've got the upgrade up my sleeve!

Thanks again!

7. integrity2

Just curious if you figure this issue out. I am having the same problem - also with Nexvortex. The support guy is just blowing me off and saying "talk to your PBX vendor."

Broadvox trunk on the same box works flawlessly.

Not saying it isn't something with 3cx, just have no idea what to look at - the logs just show "call terminated".

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Wireshark would probably tell you which end is sending what, to end the call. If you determined that it was coming from Nexvortex, it would give you some "ammo" in getting them to work with you in tracking down the problem.

9. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

I've seen a situation where calls were terminated after 32 seconds, but not 15 minutes ... However, if you can use wireshark and look at the SIP Traffic, you may see a BYE from the 3CX driving the call termination.

I really don't know what causes it, but my immediate cure with the 32 second thing - was to change the SIP Trunk config' to use STUN rather than fixed IP. Change the settings in the 'Network' setup as well as the VoIP Provider config. Also, make sure you check the health of your STUN server connects by pinging them all (I find stun3.3cx.com gives me the fastest and most reliable response).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.