Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

calls going to mobile phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by edujim, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edujim

Quick question.

I have 3cx system installed in Doctors office. Everything is working great. Just got one thing that is kind of strange.

I have a user that claims that he is getting patient calls on his cell phone. He has asked the patients, if they are calling his cell phone number directly (they wouldnt know it anyway), patients say that they called the office telephone number. I'm still trying to figure out if someone is transferring to his mobile (other people say they aren't)

I checked 3cx and I cant find his mobile phone number on any setting. We did have it before on General Tab but I removed it, just in case this was causing it. But calls are still ending up on his mobile phone.

phone is cisco 525g - i also check on phone admin page and nothing.. unless i missed it...
    gateway is grandstream 4108

2. gschwab

gschwab New Member

Do you have more than one phone number?
    Does it happen all the time, with all calls or only to a certain inbound number or extension?
    My guess is It has to be either in the forwarding rules for an extension or an inbound rule is forwarding a DID to the mobile.
    There is no place in the Settings/General tab to put a phone number so that confuses me.
    Just take a look at the server activity log, it should be easy to spot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I also assume it possible that when the dr's number was in the system that possibly outbound calls from the office to confirm appointments may have contained his number by mistake in the callerid. Patients may have that now stored in their cell phone and/or showing in CID history. They may have thought they only dialed the office when in fact they dialed his cell. In any event you should be able to see in the activity logs as gschwab indicated and/or use the 3cx call reporter to see how/if calls came into the system. If they did come into the system, then there is a rule somewhere.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

See if you can replicate this, then have a look at the 3CX log...or check them after it happens again. Have the person that is receiving the calls make note of what time it occurs and notify you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.