Calls may be recorded announcement

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcreedjr, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcreedjr

I am looking for a way to play an announcement similar to: "Calls may be recorded for quality assurance and training..." on all inbound calls.

I attempted to implement this functionality with a Digital Receptionist by playing the proper greeting, and setting the timeout to 1 second, and then transferring onto the next destination which is a queue in this case.

That process works as intended, but the Digitial Receptionist plays a message similar to "Please wait while we transfer your call..." _after_ playing my "Calls may be recorded..." greeting and before it is transferred to the queue which results in a cludgy mismash of messages from the caller perspective.

I think if I could prevent the Digital Receptionist from playing that "extra" greeting before transferring the caller out of the IVR that would solve the problem. Any way to disable that, or any other ideas how to play this greeting, and then transfer a caller onto another destination?

2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

We often remove that greeting from the system entirely. Copy your existing promptset to a new one and re-record that prompt with nothing in it... (just be sure you don't want that to play elsewhere!)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    mcreedjr likes this.
  3. mcreedjr

Jason,
    Thanks for the input. I had considered deleting/removing the prompt, but it seemed pretty heavy handed.

In the end, I ended up largely following your instructions, but with a few twists:
    - I copied the default set of English prompts
    - I copied Empty.wav included in the base prompts directory over top of please_hold.wav in the newly created prompts directory
    - Changed the promptset that the specific Digital Receptionist uses. I believe this will allow the please_hold.wav to be used elsewhere on the system, but will prevent it from being used in my specific announcement IVR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.