Calls not answered by 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by andykeen, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andykeen

Hi All.

Our client has a 4108 with a 3CX Phone System 10 Service Pack 5 Build 22686 - with a 3cx Small Business 8 call license and 6 x grandstream GXP 2100's running on Windows Server 2003. They have 5 incoming lines

Our client has called us on 3 occasions now to say that the phones are not ringing in the office and when they call a line (from a mobile) the 3cx system does not answer (Auto attendant).

The last time (Yesterday) I was able to remote connect to their servers and see that the 4108 was registering an incoming call but not being answered by the 3cx. At the time there were NO other calls going on i.e. no internal calls or incoming / outgoing.

I was able to repeat this on many occasions for about 45 mins - even when dialling different phone numbers so the call was coming in on a different grandstream port.

In addition (I am not sure if this is related / relative) but in the WINDOWS event log - under applications there is the following event:

Device unknown@(Ln.10000@Heritage) had no available outgoing trunk(s) for Call(176)

Today this has appeared 26 times and further back has appeared daily. I cannot determine if the window event logs coincide with this issue or if they are related.

I have also attached a log snipped from around the time I think the problem was happening - hope it helps -

This is causing my client some concern with reliability and so I am wondering if anyone can offer any suggestions / solution

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank you and Regards
    Andy Keen

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In the trunk settings (for this trunks group in 3CX) have you set the number of allowable simultaneous calls so that it matches that number of trunks available in the group?

3. andykeen

Hi leejor

How do I do / check that please

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In 3CX....go to VoIP providers/(name of the provider)/General tab/Maximum Simultaneous Calls (at the bottom), set to the number of trunks in the group.

Did you not set up this installation?

5. andykeen

Hi leejor

This client is using PSTN only - VoIP is not being used.

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Look at the tab for PSTN device in 3CX and then select the device and finally a port to edit. Look at the "other options" towards the bottom of the page and you will see the max number of S/C that Leejor had referenced.

Fundamentally, you should have a port for each line connected to the 4108 and each line should be allowed only 1 simultaneous call. The log appears to show that an outbound call was in process and that the system could not find any available lines in order to route the call out.

You might also want to log into the 4108 and check the status page. It will report each phone line and perhaps you can see if there are indeed available lines when this situation occurs, or if perhaps the device is actually using all lines because of both inbound and outbound traffic.

Is it possible that when you dialed outbound using 07889720798, that this is one of the same PSTN lines connected to the 4108? It looks like you have a ring group set-up as well (DN805). Check the set-up on how the initial call is handled and then take a look at the ring group rules. In the event that all the extensions associated to the ring group 805 are busy, what do you have the rule set-up to do?

7. andykeen

Hi All.

Thank you all for your help.

I have not got to the bottom of this issue yet and I cannot replicate it despite numerous attempts.

While I hate to 'stick my head in the sand' as it were I will have to leave this until it happens again.

Regards.
    Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.