• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Calls not forwarding when busy, line 2 rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realm

Customer
Reaction score
Hello there,

since about two weeks we have the issue that calls are not forwarded anymore when the called extension is busy. The checkbox "accept multiple calls" under forwarding settings is unchecked and it worked before without any changes. Is there any possiblity to forcibly disable all other lines and forward the second call to another extension as set in the forwarding settings?

Kind Regards

Realm

Hello @Realm

Does this happen to all extensions or is the issue with one extension? Also are you using IP phones or 3CX clients? What version is your PBX?

Hi,

This happens to multiple extensions. We are using the 3cx Softphone Client for Windows.
The Dashboard shows under license 15.5.10244.4, we've updated 2 days ago to the latest version shown under "updates".

And this affects direct calls to extensions, not calls arriving from ring groups or queues correct?
Have you tried restarting the services of the PBX while this was happening?

We have a dummy extension for incoming calls and forward the calls from one external number through our workgroup. I restarted all pbx services but it still doesnt work. Ring groups or workgroups are not configured. The strange part is that we haven't changed anything and it refused to work some days ago.

Does the same thing happen on a call direct from another extension, as well outside calls?

We have a dummy extension for incoming calls and forward the calls from one external number through our workgroup.

How is this configured? The dummy extension forwards to...one extension? there is a dummy extension for each number to be forwarded, each DID?

Can you create a new test extension and send a welcome email to provision a client and try the same on the new extension? Also what happens if you call the extensions directly? Not passing through the dummy extension? Do you still experience the same?

@leejor we have multiple numbers, every employee has his own number. Additionaly, there is one number we give out to clients which routes to the dummy extension. With this extension, we can decide based on the holiday plans etc. where the call will be forwarded to. Every employee has his individual forwarding rules in case he is on the phone or in HomeOffice etc.

@YiannisH_3CX we created a test extension which behaves just like the older ones. If we call an extension directly, line 2 doesn't ring and the forwarding works as intended. So direct calls work, forwarded calls from the dummy extension work as well since they reach the extension set in dummy extension forwarding settings. but if there are 2 calls to our main number, line 2 of the extension set in dummy extensions forwarding settings rings. It should further forward this call to the extension set in the "not logged in or busy" setting of the very extension where line 2 rings. This works if the exnteions is really not logged in and it worked some weeks ago.

I hope I explained it somewhat understandable and hope you guys might have an idea on how to solve this. Thanks.

Hello Realm and thank you for the update,

So, a new extension does not have this issue and you mentioned that calls directly to the extensions do not have this issue. I guess you mean that extensions have inbound rules and in that scenario they behave properly.
So the issue occurs with the extensions the dummy extension forwards the calls to?

Hi YiannisH,

the new extension behaves exactly like the older ones, line 2 rings when calls are forwarded to this extension. You are right with the rest of your post. It seems like the system doesn't recognize that an extension has an active call and forwards it to her anyway. This is the behavior I would expect if I would have checked the box "Accept multiple calls" in the forwarding options which i didn't.

I have tried multiple scenarios with forwarded calls to extension and i cannot replicate the issue with non of them. With that in mind i would recommend raising a ticket with our support department as they will need to look into the PBX logs to determine the issue.

Thanks for your help, I will do that an report back.

Please let us know what you find as we will be very interested to know what causes this issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.