Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

calls not getting connected to direct extension through IVR

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ebhakt, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebhakt

Hii there,
    I have setup 3cx phone system on my server
    I will give you the details as needed.
    I have setup a digital receptionist , so when somebody calls in the VoIP number it gets connected to the digital receptionist.
    That voice file contains the information to get connected to different groups.
    So people can connect to various groups as needed by pressing the keys mentioned through the IVR.
    But what if we want to configure it to ask the people to dial a direct extension just after the IVR message.
    My query is that we are not able to dial to the extension just after the IVR

Now, i have setup the digital receptionist
    I have configured some "Call groups" so that user can press any keys (1,2,3...) and get connected to the desired group as needed >> this is working fine as needed.
    However i have a recorded message that plays through the IVR system (what you call a digital receptionist ) and i ask them to dial a direct extension number just after the IVR >> It's not working at all
    People are not able to connect to a direct extension number which they press when the IVR message plays.
    When i dial a direct party's extension just after the IVR/ Digital receptionist the call gets connected to an unknown Voice mail box (I have confirmed that the voice mail box is not for that party whose extn. we dial). and then we get disconnected.

this happens even irrespective of the party's logged-in status i.e even when the party is logged-in to his extn. or not.
    i have tested this for several of our extensions and it doesn't connect the call to that extn. as desired

Do you need any more info.
    I have been able to setup the VoIP, Digital Receptionist / IVR and call groups just fine but i am unable to figure out whats wrong when we dial an extn. and the calls go nowhere?

Can you please help

Thanks
    in advance

Bhaskar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.