Calls not recording in "recents" - Mac client

Discussion in 'Windows' started by MFreid, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MFreid

I have a user here who uses a hardphone at home and the softphone client (for Mac) in the office.
    When calls come in, they are not being recorded on the "recents" window.

In most cases, what will happen is that a call comes in, and if he's busy, he will hit reject.
    He then wants to call that person back, but since there's no record of the incoming call he can't get the phone number to call back.

Assuming that he is registered on the hard phone at home, as well as the softphone at work, I created the same environment at my desk and called myself.

Call 1: Called my own extension from my cell. It rang on the hardphone (Yealink T46G in this case) and softphone. I rejected the call on the softphone and left a VM. It showed up immediately on the phone history. 5 minutes later on the softphone history.

Call 2: Called my own extension from my cell. It rang on both phones. Rejected the call. Left VM. It showed up in the history on both devices about 4-5 minutes after disconnecting the call.

Call 3: Called the users phone. I saw it ring through on his softphone. He rejected it. I left a VM. It has never shown up on his recents.

Call 4: Called my own extension from my cell. It rang on both phones. I answered it on my softphone. It never showed up in recents on either the hardphone or softphone.

From what I'm seeing, whether or not the calls record in recents/history seems to be completely random. I am assuming that there is some kind of issue when there is both a hardphone and a softphone registered on the same extension? But by testing, I can't seem to narrow anything down. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mark F
    Leapset.com

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Mark

Mark, the call history is not stored locally - and this applies to all our 3CXPhones, regardless the platform - but on the server; the 3CXPhone acts like a browser, it only renders what it get from the server.
    I was thinking it might be a problem of filtering in the Recents window (for instance, sort ascending or by name, whatever) but you said some calls are properly displayed, so I don't think this is the case.

Please do the following test:
    - make such kind of "not-displayed" call. Wait a bit, then click the the Refresh button in Recents window, to force a query to the PBX. If the call still don't appear, exit the 3CXPhone (from menu) and start it again. If the call is still not there, then you will have to check on the PBX logs (there I cannot help you, PBX is not my "territory").

Sometime, during my tests, I observed some delay (around 1 min) of the Call History update, but I understood this may happen due to, let's say, overloaded PBX.

Please let me know if you have some news.
    Thanks
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.