• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Calls randomly disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

runnerpaul

Reaction score
Hi,

Over the past few weeks we have various issues with calls coming into or going out of our office. There doesn't seem to be any pattern. At times everything is OK and other times calls disconnect randomly of anybody dialling in or out cannot get anything.

The problem doesn't happen with calls between internal extensions and I created a bridge across our lan to the 3CX phone system in a different office but don't get any issues forcing calls down that route.

At this stage I think the problem is with our Gateway or the external phone line.

Are my thoughts correct or is there anything I should check with 3CX? I've been through all settings and logs and can't see anything that looks like it could be causing the problem.

Thanks
Paul

I think I agree with your train of thought. Given this, I would suggest running Wireshark when the calls start failing, at least to see which side is sending the BYE message and causing the drops to occur, at least this way you could see where to start focusing your attention.

I would check the 3CX server log to see if there is a pattern of dropped calls on the gateway. if it a multi line gateway there may be one phone line that is actually causing the issue. The log would pinpoint that, or, tell you that it may be a "common" gateway issue where all lines are being affected.

You didn't mention if it is a PSTN, or ISDN gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.