Calls randomly disconnect

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by runnerpaul, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. runnerpaul

Hi,

Over the past few weeks we have various issues with calls coming into or going out of our office. There doesn't seem to be any pattern. At times everything is OK and other times calls disconnect randomly of anybody dialling in or out cannot get anything.

The problem doesn't happen with calls between internal extensions and I created a bridge across our lan to the 3CX phone system in a different office but don't get any issues forcing calls down that route.

At this stage I think the problem is with our Gateway or the external phone line.

Are my thoughts correct or is there anything I should check with 3CX? I've been through all settings and logs and can't see anything that looks like it could be causing the problem.

Thanks
    Paul

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I think I agree with your train of thought. Given this, I would suggest running Wireshark when the calls start failing, at least to see which side is sending the BYE message and causing the drops to occur, at least this way you could see where to start focusing your attention.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would check the 3CX server log to see if there is a pattern of dropped calls on the gateway. if it a multi line gateway there may be one phone line that is actually causing the issue. The log would pinpoint that, or, tell you that it may be a "common" gateway issue where all lines are being affected.

You didn't mention if it is a PSTN, or ISDN gateway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.