Calls randomly going silent mid-call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tony Ayre, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Ayre

I currently have an issue at one of my sites, even with internal calls on our LAN.

Basically, the calls go through fine, both sides can hear each other and then randomly it'll go silent for 5-10 seconds, and then back to normal.

The phones are in their own dedicated VLAN, with QoS enabled. Latency between the server and handsets is 6ms maximum.

Can anyone advise why these dropouts are happening?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi Tony,

Does the problem appear on the other sites? Do you use the same equipment or configuration at those sites?
    Also, did you enable the PBX audio delivery to check if the problem still remains? Did you give priority for the RTP Protocol as well on your QoS setup?

Please give us more information about your infrastructure, QoS, number of VPN sites, SBC, etc..

3. Tony Ayre

Since posting this, I think I may have tracked it down to a faulty switch. I have replaced the switch and am monitoring at the moment. Will report back if it is still doing the same thing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Smbnet

Hi Tony,

What time of switch was it?

Thanks,
    Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.