Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Calls Releasing After 30 - 32 Seconds

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mickmarrs, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickmarrs

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

I'm evaluating the free version of 3CX. I have the 3CX running on its own subnet and I have the extension devices running on another subnet. I'm using Grandstream HT-286 devices and Counterpath X-Lite softphone.

Whenever I make a call from any device to any device the calls drop after approximately 30 seconds. Does anyone have any idea why?

I also have a voip provider account and can make outbounds calls and receive inbound calls no problem but I still have the 30 second limitation. Is this a limitation of the free version or is it a bug or is it my setup?

2. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Hello Mick,

I believe this has been answered elsewhere in the forums, and consisted of backing up your settings, uninstalling and reinstalling your copy of 3CX and restoring your settings.

If I find it here i'll let you know, but it's definitely here somewhere!

Cheers,
    Mike.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. subh

Hi...

Backup the data --> Uninstall 3cx --> Reinstall --> Restore data.

This worked for me.

Hope this helps...

4. alicic

alicic New Member

I would also make reinstallment, then it will work,
    regards,

5. mickmarrs

Calls hangup after 30 - 32 seconds

Hi guys, I tried everything suggested but I still have the problem. I'm thinking it might have soemthing to do with my VoIP line not registering to my VoIP provider. Although I setup 3CX not to need registering for making or receiving calls perhaps registering is necessary to keep calls active?

So my next step is to find out what the actual SIP authentication user name and passwords are for my VoIP line to my VoIP provider.

6. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

You might also want to check out your firewall configuration, as it could be that 30 seconds is the length of time it might keep an unconfigured port open for?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

You probably have a NAT keep-alive issue you need to sort out. X-Lite tends to sort itself out with this, so I'd look to settings in the Grandstream HT-286, or port forwards in the router/gateway between 3cx and your extensions (since you mentioned they're on different subnets).

8. JamesC

Are you using V3? I had the same problem with V3. I had to restart the 3CX Phone System service and then it would stop happening. (Even after a reboot I still had to restart the service).

When I moved to V5 that problem went away. (And was replaced with several others).

9. mickmarrs

Thanks everyone for your help. I upgraded from version 3.1 to version 5 and that seems to have solved the problem with the calls dropping after 30 seconds.

It also solved the problem with Caller ID display I was having, looking forward to testing more scenarios and using Genband/VocalData M6 as our VoIP Provider.

Cheers, Merry Christmas, Feliz Natal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.