• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Calls stay active

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prometheus DBA

Customer
Reaction score
Hi,

What we see is that when a call is picked up (using the 3CX android app) and the call is directly hung up (using the 3CX android app) the call stays active in the PBX, and can only be ended in the PBX. Is this a bug?

Looks more like a NAT issue or some packets being lost, for example 'Bye' packet from application is not reaching the PBX. You may investigate this using Wireshark or similar tools.

How often is that happening?
Over multiple handsets?
On the local LAN (Wifi) or using 3/4G?
Are these outside calls, calls to other extensions, or both?
What toe of trunks do you use? A "Bye" from the provider should release the trunk, but 3CX may think the extension is still in use.
Have you had a look through the 3CX Activity Log, for one of these calls?

Firewall checker pass successfully?

@sip.bg I indeed suspect something like the 'bye' packet being lost, but the issue here is that I can't reproduce it, but sometimes I do see it happen. The someone is in a 52 minute call with the front door.

@leejor, it happens 2 or 3 times a day. It always happens with calls answering our front door (our doorbel is a SIP client). All the traffic stays in the LAN network. I did look in the activity log, but there is not much information regarding this error. If I was able to reproduce the error, I would set it in verbose logging mode.

@Brian Cross, This is no firewall involved in this case.

@sip.bg I indeed suspect something like the 'bye' packet being lost, but the issue here is that I can't reproduce it, but sometimes I do see it happen. The someone is in a 52 minute call with the front door.

Try to investigate it with Wireshark. For linux you may install sngrep -- very useful utility (see: https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/sngrep-linux-tool-for-realtime-analysis-of-voip-traffic.50332/ -- for Debian 9 replace 'jessie' with 'stretch' into installation instructions) or capture the traffic with tcpdump.

Do you have NAT or STUN involved between end-point and the PBX ?

It always happens with calls answering our front door (our doorbel is a SIP client).

There is the commonality, concentrate on what is different (incorrect?) in the options for that device, and may require "tweaking". From the sounds of it, it may not be dropping the call, in a timely manner. Do a search, on the model door phone, for tothers that may be having the same issue. Perhaps post the make/model, on the forum as others here may have experience with it. The 3CX Activity log should show what happens for the duration of the call...(is there a "BYE" from the door phone at some point?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICT BE Peleman
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.