• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Calls straight to vmail when Android Client not running

Status
Not open for further replies.

star1

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
We're testing the Android v12 client and are experiencing a strange problem. When the android client is running, incoming calls ring on the client and the associated Snom desk phone as expected. When the Android client is exited, incoming calls ring for a quick second on the desk phone and then go straight to voicemail. When the android phone is powered off, the calls ring on the Snom desk phone normally.

Setup Info:
[*] 3CX v12 SP1 configured with GCM Push notifications.
[*] Extension has push notifications enabled.
[*] Android client configured via auto-provisioned.
[*] Presence is set to Available

It seems that what's happening is when the android receives the notification of an incoming call and there's no client running, the server is sending the call to voicemail. If the android is off and no notification can be received by the android, the call continues as normal.

Am I missing something in the configuration that is causing this to happen? Is there something I should be doing differently?

Thanks for your help.
Eric

Ok. I solved my own problem. It seems that the 3CX documentation is missing a step in the Configuring GCM Push. In the API access screen, I actually needed to click the Create New Browser Key... button. There's wasn't one setup by default. I had used the Client ID from that same screen instead of the API Key.

Hope that helps someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.