Calls stuck in extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Randika, Jul 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randika

Hi

We currently have 3CX version 12.5 and around 300 phones.

Recently few users have complained that they are not receiving calls. When I investigate the issue I found some calls stuck in their extensions (extension status 3cx management console). When I try to disconnect the call from the 3cx management console it gives "an exception occurred ExtStatus error". I have tried few things such as rebooting the phone, resting the phone to factory default but couldn't fix the issue until I reboot the 3cx server.

I have attached a screen shot with this post which is showing a call stuck in one extension and its showing call is connected with the DID number attached to that extension

Although this is an intermittent issue this really gives us lots of trouble. Does anyone know how to fix this.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Charles_3CX

Charles_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi, Would it be possible to open a support call for this so we can have a look at it for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Randika

Hi Charles

Yes, my direct dial number is 0044XXXXXXX

Do I need to ring you ? Can I have the number ?

Thanks

#3 Randika, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2017
  4. Ben Lunt

I have 3CX installed and have the same problem is there anything that can be done with this problem?

5. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

First the system should be upgraded to an maintained version 15.X.

In case you have valid Maintenance on your key the upgrade is free of charge.
    Once the system is at this state we shall take it from there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Ben Lunt

It's ok I believe we have sussed out the problem. This issue was occurring when trying to listen into calls.

If we initiated the listen and then tried again on the same call it would freeze the call session and make that user appear to be on a call. Since then we tried again and the same user got froze out without trying a second time. It turned out that the user had two sessions registered. one on his desktop and one on a remote desktop. The RD answered the call first which meant that the user had already answered the call unknowingly. After stopping this client it all worked fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.