Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Calls taking 9 seconds to connect

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Pete@nC, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete@nC

Hello 3CX community,

I recently decided to move our 3CX installation from a local server to the cloud. I have setup 3CX V15 on a Digitalocean VPS and everything has gone smoothly. I am using a 3CX FQDN and certificate.

However, the only problem that has occurred is call connection time. When someone calls in, the phone rings instantly but on answering it takes exactly 9 seconds before the caller can be heard. After this 9 seconds everything is fine again. I know the problem isn't with the SIP trunk since the digital receptionist answers immediately.

In the Activity log, this entry is created after the 9 seconds and the call is connected.
    [CM503003]: Call(C:18): Call to <sip:000@ncoders.3cx.co.uk:5060> has failed; Cause: 487 Request Terminated/INVITE from 127.0.0.1:5488

Any ideas on how to go about solving this issue?

2. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

We have seen an audio connection delay if there was not an inbound rule for a specific DID. The default rule for the trunk should route the call normally, but we noticed the exact same issue as you (but only 3 seconds) until we added in Inbound Rule for that DID.

3. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi all,

Please check your inbox, I have send a P.M.

4. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

Thanks for the follow-up Giannos. For what it's worth, I did try to replicate this on another system, and did not notice the delay when there was no inbound rule for that specific DID. If I see this again I will get back to you. Hopefully Pete will follow up with you.

5. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

@accesstech,

Thank you for your update, please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

6. Brett Coleman

Our system has this problem intermittently. Call usually connect after about 6 seconds.

We are hosted on GCE and are using SBC to connect.

Was there a quick and easy fix?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.