Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Calls terminated at approximately 3 hours

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jdcali, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdcali

I noticed open calls are terminated every 3 hours. Is this intentional, a bug or something that can be resolved in the config file?

Attached Files:

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

No it shouldn't be the case. Do you really make 3 Hours connected on this call? What happens then? It disconnects?

Are you recording the calls my any chance?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jdcali

No I'm not recording I'm just streaming audio from one computer on my LAN to another and it disconnects every 3 hours. I tried doing this skype, teamspeak, ventrilo and I never had problems with disconnects.

The next time it happens I'll post the server log.

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Make sure they are in verbose logs and make sure that you also post media server trace logs.

By streaming audio what do you mean exactly? Making a normal call to another entity?

Because you are right - all the calls shown in the history all disconnected at 3HOUR timestamp.

Is it actually making 3hrs connected? You can confirm that?

Also can you eliminate the Voip phone and try making the same test with Xlite for example? So we can identify whether it is related to the Voip phone or from the Pbx? Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

I double checked and in fact yes - calls will be terminated after 3 hours - there is a value in the PBX that controls the maximum call duration for each call.

However you can do the following:

Go to Settings, advanced , custom parameters
    (BE CAREFULL HERE - this page is sensitive)
    go to the bottom and add the following:

MAXCALLDURATION

Description: leave blank

Value - default is 10800 sec. modify this to how long you want it - Note in seconds.

This globally controls maximal call duration. All calls (even if call is alive) will be terminated after specified timeout.

6. jdcali

Sorry I don't know how to access the media server trace logs but I've included the Server Activity Log. By the way, the recent disconnect happened at 15:50:51.062 and I reconnected at 15:54:04.328

Yes I'm making a normal call from 1 computer to another on a lan and the server is also hosted locally. What I mean by streaming audio is that I have my mic next to a radio and after 3 hours of the line being open the (server?) disconnects the call on both ends.

7. jdcali

I will give this a try.

Thank You!

8. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

To change a little the subject - I'm interested if there is (not) a bug into the Voip Phone: you said you didn't recorded calls, however, as I can see in the screenshot you attached, almost all calls appears to be recorded (see below, "Reco[rded]..." column, "Yes")

[​IMG]

So, into the the Voip Phone's File/Recordings... dialog, please check if "Record as local files" option is checked. If is, then all recorded calls should be available on that list (of course, if you don't deleted them meantime). You can check also directly the recordings storage folder on user's profile folder, usually
    C:\Documents and Settings\jdcali\Local Settings\Application Data\3CX VoIP Phone\Recordings

If "Record as local files" option is not checked, then all recorded calls should be available on the PBX machine, on the specific folder.

Regards
    vali

9. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

CDR Commands.

MAXCALLDURATION(Min value is MAXNOANSWERTIMEOUT+180 sec, default 10800 sec = 3 hours)

if you make calls longer than 3 hours you can change this value to whatever you like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.