• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Calls through VoIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewbieBryan

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to VOIP environment. In fact, I have just started learning the basics by going through the 3cx website.

I wanted to ask a basic question.

How does a call get routed through VOIP (using 3CX server) ?

Thanks

And What are DID numbers?
How can we get these?

Hello @NewbieBryan

You can find all the information you want, with detailed explanation of what is everything that PBX uses as well as on how to configured it, by
reading the Administrator Manual, the User Manual as well as going through the 3CX Academy.
This is the best way to get good but most of all, a structured knowledge of 3CX PBX starting from the beginning.

Thank you

Hi @IoannisM_3CX
Thanks.
I had a check on the documents and I was going through it.
I see that in the section "Inbound rules", it asks to specify where the calls to DID should go to during the office hours.
There is an option that says "Forward to an Outside number".

Does this mean we can forward the incoming call to a mobile number?
If so, wont we be charged for the connectivity from PBX to the external mobile number?
Or is there something that I'm missing here?

Also, if the call has to be forwarded to an outside number, Does this mean that we have to create an Outbound rule including the external number to which call has to be forwarded?

Hi, yes you can forward the call to an outside number whatever that is, and you will be charged from your provider. You could set a VoIP provider that allows you to make outside calls or you could use a gateway and route your calls through your PSTN line.

Thank you

Reactions: NewbieBryan
You could set a VoIP provider that allows you to make outside calls or you could use a gateway and route your calls through your PSTN line.

This means that we need to create an Outbound rule. Correct?

Hi, yes this is correct, you must create an outbound rule and set the appropriate route. For best results, read all the necessary guides and after completion start configuring PBX, this will save you valuable trial and error time :)

Thank you

Glad that i could help :)

Reactions: NewbieBryan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.