Calls to Brazil from the UK

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by joemailey, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joemailey

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with calls to Brazil?
    I've two 3cx phone systems one in the UK & U.S. But I can't get calls to Brazil to be reliable.

I've tried a few different things, using our ISDN30 line sin the UK, using a VOIP line we have in the UK & also routing calls from our UK system to US system and out of their VOIP lines.

Sometimes the calls connect, sometimes they ring and ring when the call isn't actually going through to the other end. EG: it sounds like it is ringing but the phone on the receiving end doesn't ring.

Other times the calls cut in and out. I'm aware that Brazil has a rather ropey phone setup and call quality is usually an issue, but is there anything else I can do to improve this situation?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It could be a number of things. If you are having the same issue, over multiple providers, to different (completely different far end networks) numbers in Brazil, then unless they all happening to be passing through the same transport provider it might be something at your end. That said, if you don't have issues calls anywhere else, then it is likely at the far end.

Is this with calls to one or two numbers? What do the called numbers, with the issues, have in common? Are they all mobile numbers, all in the same central office in the same city? All using the same provider? Has this always been the case, or did this just start at some point?

3. joemailey

It has always been the case.
    Mostly to numbers in Sao Paulo from what I can tell.
    Both Mobile and Landline.

I can't think of anything else to do, to try and rectify this issue.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You might try calling one of the numbers from a line not passing though the PBX (just to eliminate it from the equation). If you use a VoIP provider,perhaps try registering a single ATA, and try a call though that. If you experience the same issue, then enlist the help of the originating provider. They may be able to do a trace, and/or report the problem to the far end for investigation.

5. joemailey

Thanks for the suggestions, will give them a go and see if I can get to the bottom of it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.