• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Calls to Digital Receptionist ring all phones once first

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneobserver

Reaction score
I have a new system installed in my home as a test system with Version3.1.2434.0 on Windows Server 2003 R2. I have one PSTN line hosted via a Linksys 3000 ATA, and 6 analog phones via Linksys 2100 ATA. This line is routed to a Digital Receptionist that I setup, and is working OK, except for one idiosyncrasy. Every call that comes in rings all phones once before going to the Digital receptionist. While this works as a "warning" that you have a call coming into the system, in a true business environment, this would be really annoying. Is there a setting that I missing to keep it from doing that initial ring on all phones?

markh

If you are routing the line directly to the DR I would suggest checking the "Timeout" entry at the bottom of the "Menu" section of the DR. The minimum timeout is "1" which will allow any active extension or ring group to ring once. I have mine set to send directly to my voicemail enabled extension and that extension is never registered.

Which timeout? There is one in the line definition, and then there is one at the end of the Digital Receptionist definition. The DR definition is for how long you wit for somebody to make a selection and the one on the line is for how long before the line gets answered by the DR. If you don't leave the one for the line long enough to get two rings, you don't get caller-id passed through. No where in the line definition does it say to ring all lines. that's a different ring-all group and extension number.

markh

Solved.

Problem was one of misdirection and wiring and one default setting.

I had more than one phone wired to the port on the Sipura 3000 so I heard multiple phones ring when a call came in, but not all of them. The ring through is controlled by a default setting in the Sipura that the 3CX instructions do not say to change. The setting "PSTN Ring Thru Line 1" under PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup when Advanced settings are enabled should be set to No. Otherwise it allows the phone(s) attached to the Analog port to ring as long as it isn't "answered". It makes a nice fail-over if the PBX fails, but an annoying everyday occurrence when it's working.

markh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.