• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Calls to remote phone failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjbuckingham

Reaction score
I have a remote extension with a public direct number (DID) attached to this extension. If this remote phone is local, a direct call to the DID works just fine. If the phone is taken off campus to a remote location, the call fails. Calls can still be made between local and remote extensions, and calls can be made out-bound to external numbers just fine or to other extensions, but calls to the DID for the remote extension, the call will fail because 3CX is displaying the IP address of the remote extension as the internal IP of our router, not the public IP for the remote extension.

Please see the attached image for a drawing of the setup. I know another phone developer that sells local and hosted systems and he said that his system strips the local IP and uses the remote IP for the phone. Why can't 3CX accomplish this?

Attachments

• 3cx Layout.png
    3cx Layout.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 695
All said in your post means either you haven't configured properly:
1. your remote extensions -- check STUN and registration to public IP of the router in front of your 3CX server
2. your router -- port forwarding, etc.; try firewall checker in 3CX server -- exit code should be '0'
3. your 3CX phonesystem -- DID settings, extension properties -- registering outside of LAN, etc.

Making a log in verbose mode with sure helps; what make are your router and remote phone ?

Suggestion: it is not probably the 3CX not able to accomplish the setting, but you ?
Makes sense reading the configuration guidelines / admin guide before ?
Hope this doesn't sound unpolite to you.

Regards

Thanks for the suggestions. To answer your questions about the equipment, the router is a Fortigate 110C. The remote phone is an Aastra 6731i. Also, we had remote phones with version 9 and they worked fine. The IP address of the remote phone still showed up as 10.1.1.1 which is the local interface of the router, but it was able to route the audio both ways with the stun server setup on the remote phone. The only issue I had with version 9 was because the IP address was the internal IP, I couldn't log into the web interface of the remote phone.

Hi,

Run firewall checker in your 3CX server and also try to make a Wireshark capture. If your extension is working properly in LAN, and not as remote extension, the problem is NAT related (99.9%).

Have in mind that remote extension registration is disabled by default in version 10. Please check 'Extension settings | Other' options.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICT BE Peleman
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.