Calls to unregistered ext fwd to endcall

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dmsllc3cx, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmsllc3cx

We have an extension for a manager's cell phone, 10551 so calls can be xfered directly to him when he's away from his desk. But when dialing the extension we just get a busy signal. The log shows its being forwarded by a rule to EndCall for Available / NotReg (since its not a real extension). Any way to get it to follow the fowarding rules of the extension instead of going to EndCall? I've tried changing the status of the ext to away and outofoffice with no effect. We're running v11 SP2. I still have a 3cx server running v11 SP1 and it works on SP1.

04-Dec-2012 07:43:02.283 L:5925.1[Extn] forwards call from Extn:10551 to EndCall:EndCall based on rule Fwd[Available/NotReg]

2. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

It's not enough to just change status of extension, you have specify also the forwarding rule for that status. If you have specified the mobile number in general extension properties, you should go to Forwarding rules and check option "Send call to my mobile number" for all profiles which you want.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dmsllc3cx

I am aware of that, I tried changing the status to see if it would make any difference. I have tried both sending to an external number or skype id as well as using send call to my mobile number. But its not even getting to the extension forwarding rules, its getting sent to endcall because the extension isn't registered, and it has never been registered because its a virtual extension.

This was, and is, working fine on v11 sp1, but NOT on sp2. Still getting the log entries about forwarding to endcall based on rule fwd, but I cannot find that rule anywhere, I'm guessing its a system defined or default rule now in sp2.

4. mixig

mixig Active Member

[quote="dmsllc3cx"
    This was, and is, working fine on v11 sp1, but NOT on sp2. Still getting the log entries about forwarding to endcall based on rule fwd, but I cannot find that rule anywhere, I'm guessing its a system defined or default rule now in sp2.[/quote]

v11 SP2, dummy extension which is not registered, status away, send call to my mobile number for that status, working without any problem, just tested with my 3cx...

5. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Have you set 'PBX delivers audio' on your dummy extension?
    I've set dummy extensions for call forwarding in the past, and found things work when that parameter is set on the extension.

best regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dmsllc3cx

Found the problem, extension was not part of an extension group and all outbound rules were limited by extension groups. This is the only 3CX server where we had to limit extensions to particular outbound paths as two different companies are using this server. FYI, it works with and w/o the PBX delivers audio selection, this is NOT an issue with v11 sp2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.