Calls to Voicemail get IVR Error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gavinhatton, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gavinhatton

Hey,

I have been able to configure my 3cx as i wish except for one thing, voice mail.

I am using three digit extension numbers and have changed the default voice mail extension number from 999 to 800. When any extension tires to call 800 or an in bound call matches a rule that then forwards the inbound call to voice mail the caller is presented with a voice prompt stating that "An error occurred in IVR session, Sorry" the call is then dropped.

Any help with this matter would be great fully received,
    Thanks in advanced,
    Gavin

2. gbg2001

Re: Calls to Voice get IVR Error

Hi there

This may not help, but I had the same problem, the only cure I found was to backup the 3CX and then unistall it - Re-install and restore the backup you made at the start of it all, durring install it will allow you to point to the backup file..

Hope that helps some what..

All the best

Glen

3. alexmallia

alexmallia New Member
    3CX Support

What OS is it installed on?

If you switch it back to 999 does it work?

Do any of the Digital receptions also fail when this is done?

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gavinhatton

I have tried backing up the system then reinstalling, no luck same problem.

The 3CX is installed on Windows XP SP3, have tried reverting the number back to 999 and still same problem.

5. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

Please confirm the version and build number you are running.

Can you please generate the verbose support info files and paste in reply to this post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. gavinhatton

Think this is what your after.

Thanks Gavin

Attached Files:

7. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi Gavin

It appears that you did not reproduce the issue with a call to the IVR / VM before sending the logs. Apologies for not having clarified this before.

Can you please reproduce and and send us the logs?

8. NWTech

I am seeing the same thing. It was working before we went live. We have been live a week and half and the VM stopped working. I have posted the log when ext 113 called 999. Please advise.

9. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Do you get IVR errors in other aspects fo the system? For example, what if you create a DR and try to punch in an extension number when calling in....does the transfer work or fail?

Mike

10. bcampbell74

I had this also with v7 today (my first look from v5.1). I also could not change the default system prompts. I uninstalled and installed the v7.1 beta. IVR worked first time. Make sure you use the http://www.3cx.com/support/installation-checker.html.

11. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Go to the General Settings > Global options > Tick the Enable Keep Alives Section.

Hopefully it will help.

12. choruscomp

This thread does not seem to have a resolution. I am experiencing the exact problem as described in this thread. When calling 999 or when an outside or inside caller reaches what should be my voice mail, they get presented with the error message described by the OP.

Now, I am new to 3CX (and like it a lot) so I am not sure if I even have the voice mail setup correctly. After setting up the extension, all I did was check the "activate voicemail" check box, and set a simple forwarding rule to send calls after 20 seconds of ring to vmail. I only have one phone line running so I do not have the digital assistant set up.

I am running 3CX on a windows XP Pro machine. It has run flawlessly since I installed it about 2 months ago with no server restarts required or anything. If I can get the vmail to work, I would like to start recommending it to my customers. I have attached a support file.

Attached Files:

13. Montclairguy

14. choruscomp

Going under the Manage option of my computer, and examining the Services section, it shows that the 3CX Webserver service is running. Inspecting the properties of this service reveals that it points to the executable for the Cassini web server application. I can only assume this means that Cassini is, in-fact, running properly.

Do you have another way for me to confirm that it is running? There is no service called Cassini running. I know enough about computers to be dangerous, however, I am by no means a high level hack type. I managed to learn enough about VoIP to select a SIP Trunking provider, setup 3CX on a xp machine and provision my two Polycom phones. But when it gets down to stuff like this, i get a little lost.

Thanks for your help, and any more would be appreciated.

edit: and if it helps at all, everything else about the phone system is still working, its just the vmail that gives the error.

15. Montclairguy

Odd, as I have no such service named "3CX Webserver". Yes, you can navigate to services using the "Manage" option of "My Computer." Look for a service called "UtilDev Cassini Web Server for blah blah blah". If it's not listed as "Started", right click it and pick "Start". If you get an error message, you can try clearing out the XP system logs.

You navigate to the system logs right from this same section. Scroll up and expand System Tools to reveal the Event Viewer section. Right click each of Application, Security, and System and select "Clear All Events." Then, try starting the above "UtilDev Cassini" service.

I'd also make sure the 3CX MediaServer service is running as well.

16. choruscomp

Well, when I did that I still received the error. Worse yet, my computer restarted then hung when loading windows. There is some sort of larger problem going on.

I then took another computer with XP Pro, 2GB of RAM and .net 2.0, and tried to install 3CX on it. Mind you, this computer has nothing else installed on it, it is essentially new. It gets most of the way through the installation and gives me an error that reads:

It then rolls back the installation.

So now I have no phones and no real way to resolve the issues. One of the reasons why I have been testing this system is to implement it for our customers. We want to stay a MSFT shop. But right now, I am envisioning a lot of calls to keep these systems running, which means inefficiency, which means money down the drain.

I think I am going to go check out asterisk for the time being.

17. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Are you serious?

It is the quotation from your log.

What is the reason to discuss problems related to "Build Version 7.0.4744 13 January 2009"?

18. mtaks09

hello i am having same problem except it is from the opening message when the digital reception should answer phone i get the same message about ivr any advice

19. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The best thing to do is to try and download the latest updates from Microsoft Updates as sometimes on some PC's there's a few major components missing causing 3CX to give IVR errors.

Though this is just one of the many reasons of why you are getting an IVR error.

20. mtaks09

windows 7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.