Calls will not transfer to another office

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by GeorgeAtADTS, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeAtADTS

I have two 3CX Version 9 PBX's. I have set up two bridge one each direction. I can make calls from extensions in either office to the other office. I can not transfer calls. To call either office the dialer adds a 2 in front of the extension and the outbound rule for a 4 digits number starting with a 2 strips the 2 and sends it over the tunnel. This works fine calling between the offices.

The problem is it isn't doing this on calls being transfered. We receive a call from a client, we hit blind transfer (I also tried transfer) and the call gets terminated. What am I missing?

The log says Attempt to reach the extention but failed. Reason: Not Found.

I am using Cisco IP Phone SPA504G

Help please :)

2. GeorgeAtADTS

Dang I just noticed the version is 8 not 9 :(

3. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

With version 9 all tranfer attended and unattended works very well on Snom 3XX and Linksys SPA9XX. We cannot test Grandstream for4 Now. You only have to set outbound rules correctly. We are used to set 1xx extension to the 3CX side 1 and 2XX extension on 3CX side 2. All you have to do is to set an otubound rule that Point to the Other PBX.

I cannot remember if with a v.8 transfer between two PBX server were fully working (maybe all blind transfer were working...).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. GeorgeAtADTS

The outbound rule works for dialing extensions at the other office, but it doesn't work with the transfers. Maybe it is a version 8 issues :(

5. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

Support Staff can confirm this difference from v.8 and v.9 please ?
    .....I remember that at least attended transfer were working on Bridge (Tunnel) with two PBX v.8.

Tx in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. acolville

I have three 3CX PBXs all linked with bridges.I have a set of rules which pick up the dialled extension number and send it down the bridge.

Site 1 - Exts in range 100-199
    Site 2 - exts in range 200 -299
    Site 3 - ext in range 300-399

When a user at site 1 dials 200, the rule is setup to detect numbers starting with 2 and length of 3, then the route over the correct bridge.

This allows for both blind and attended transfers. This worked in V8 and still works in V9

This works well on my sites, although we use snom phones. However I have also tried it with a number of softphones and all have worked.

Have you tried connecting two sites via the Assistant, this is a much advertised new V9 feature, that appears to be broken, It would be useful to know if this works in your setup.

7. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, about this post what's its status?
    I can say that from V8 to V9 there where huge improvements in transferring of calls.
    If you have any difficulties let us know.
    Thanks and Regards

8. acolville

Please see my post "Forwarding rules MAJOR bug V9 " for more info, As these are related.

Short summary, transfers now work OK, sites can now call between sites OK, but the forwarding rules fail.

ie if you set a forward on a extension to an extension on another site, which has to be as an external number, then the outbound rules are not processed, and an error no Outbound Rule is generated.

This also seems to apply for any number ie all outbound rules are ignored when the forward to external number/skype option is used.

9. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

I confirm the issue related to outbound rules whes using 2 or more PBX connected with a tunnel. For example if i have to route an extension to a queue located to the other side rule the result is an error. Same issue forwardind an extensionto another exension on the other side.
    I can also confirm that all work good with blind and attended transfert between 2 or more 3CX systems.

Tx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.