Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

CallTriggerCmd prefix

Discussion in 'Windows' started by dxb, Apr 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dxb

dxb

Hi everybody,
    is it possible to add a prefix to a telephone number when I use the CallTriggerCmd ?

We have set the 3cx to dial out using prefix 0.
    When we click a tel: link on website, the number dialed is without any prefix and we cannot place the call.

2. dxb

dxb

I tried to modify the registry key HKCR\3cxphone\shell\open\command\default
    from
    C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\CallTriggerCmd.exe -cmd makecall: "%1"
    to
    C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\CallTriggerCmd.exe -cmd makecall: "0%1"

but instead calling the right number with an extra 0, it add as prefix "0835"
    with CallTriggerCmd.exe -cmd makecall: "1%1" > prefix will become "1835"

Any idea ?

3. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is happening because the tel protocol does not in fact send only the number, so the %1 variable does not contain e.g. 123456789, it contains the 'tel:' prefix as well, so the parameter %1 actually contains "tel:123456789", so I am assuming that the peculiar 835 numbers have something to do with the 'tel' characters in the parameter.

I thought of something that might work, change the registry keys completely and point them to a bat file that will take the %1 as a parameter, then remove the 'tel:' characters and then invoke the CallTriggerCmd.exe with the modified number.

The .bat file you create could look something like this:
    Code:
    @echo off

set new_num=%1
    set new_num=%new_num:tel:=%

"C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\3CXClickToCall.exe" --dial %new_num%
    So assuming the bat file is c:\call_trigger.bat, the the registry key would be something like:

c:\call_trigger.bat "0%1"

where 0 would be your prefix.

I didn't test it extensively, but it should work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.