CallTriggerCmd

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by denn, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denn

Hi all,

I will be deploying updates to all of my softphone client soon, so I just started testing the new softphone client. Everything works great except the possibility to dial from a browser.

Before I was able to call the 3cxphone.exe executable with the number appended at the end like "3cxphone.exe 82130330". I can understand that I should use CallTriggerCmd.exe with the new softphone. It's a pitty that I need to see the commandline popup everytime I should dial a number, but can see how to do it different. The HTTP api will dial the softphone and then connect to the external number. I would like to have the softphone to dial directly to the number.

Before I used the registry fix posted in the forum, and I modified it to the new CallTriggerCmd, so it now looks like:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dial]
    @="URL:Dial Protocol"
    "URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dial\shell]
    @=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dial\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dial\shell\open\command]
    @="C:\\ProgramData\\3CXPhone for Windows\\PhoneApp\\CallTriggerCmd.exe -cmd makecall:%1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sip]
    @="URL:Sip Protocol"
    "URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sip\shell]
    @=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sip\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sip\shell\open\command]
    @="C:\\ProgramData\\3CXPhone for Windows\\PhoneApp\\CallTriggerCmd.exe -cmd makecall:%1"

This works from the browser when I click the dial:82130330 the commandline popups and the softphone starts ringing, expect that 3425 gets prepended to the dial number. So instead of dialing 82130330 it dials 342582130330 which is an invalid number.

Does anyone have a clue?

2. denn

Just a small update in my debugging.

The problem is that the URI protocol is also sent to the CallTriggerCmd, so when clicking on the dial:82130330 link, what is actually happens is that CallTriggerCmd.exe is invoked with CallTriggerCmd.exe -cmd makecall:"dial:82130330"

I will keep digging.

3. denn

I changed the protocol to tel: instead and now everything works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.