Callvia3cx Extension defaults to hangouts

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Vanlon, Oct 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanlon

I installed the Callvia3cx extension for chrome, works great. Problem is in the search results for the business the phone number wants to click to call via hangouts. If I log out of chrome it works fine and shows the 3cx click to call. Anyone have an idea how to turn off the hangouts default?

2. Paul@ISO

3. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

I am seeing the same thing, and 3CX currently has all defaults. I have tried callto, tcxcallto, and tel in 3CX. I did not have the Hangouts extension installed, so I tried installing it to see if I could disable the feature, but found nothing. I also tried disabling Chrome access to the microphone (as suggested in https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/hangouts/iB6rRXooARw) but that also did not work.

It seems like Google has coded the search results in a way that other applications won't have access to the Google Business (Places) search results that show up on the right side.

If I am logged out from Chrome the 3CX extension works fine on those numbers. If I am logged in the only option is a javascript "Call via Hangouts" when clicked.

Matt Stephens likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.