Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Callvia3cx Extension defaults to hangouts

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Vanlon, Oct 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanlon

I installed the Callvia3cx extension for chrome, works great. Problem is in the search results for the business the phone number wants to click to call via hangouts. If I log out of chrome it works fine and shows the 3cx click to call. Anyone have an idea how to turn off the hangouts default?

2. Paul@ISO

3. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

I am seeing the same thing, and 3CX currently has all defaults. I have tried callto, tcxcallto, and tel in 3CX. I did not have the Hangouts extension installed, so I tried installing it to see if I could disable the feature, but found nothing. I also tried disabling Chrome access to the microphone (as suggested in https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/hangouts/iB6rRXooARw) but that also did not work.

It seems like Google has coded the search results in a way that other applications won't have access to the Google Business (Places) search results that show up on the right side.

If I am logged out from Chrome the 3CX extension works fine on those numbers. If I am logged in the only option is a javascript "Call via Hangouts" when clicked.

Matt Stephens likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.