can 3cx change the DND status of my Yealink phone?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Our users often set DND on their Yealink T38 then set to Available via MyPhone. Is there any way for 3cx to tell the phone to unset DND ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mirjam.nz

Hi Craig

In some installations, we configure the DND feature of the Yealink Phone to DND ON *34 DND OFF *30

In the 3CX Admin, the "Out of Office 2" is renamed to "DND (Do not Disturb)

Now, if a users presses the DND button on the Yealink phone, the DND icon is disabled in the phone, and also, the Extension Status is now set to "Out of Office 2" = DND.

Maybe this is of some help to you.

Cheers
    Miriam

3. craigreilly

That is what we do now. We use *32 and *30.
    However, if someone pushes DND on phone to leave office, then come back and set to Available via MyPhone - the phone handset is still in DND mode and the user will not receive calls until they unset DND on phone handset.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mirjam.nz

Yes, I am aware of this. Not very elegant, and a real pity that if DND left on it is not visible and one can not over-write it when changing the Extension Status again !

But this is how we do it sometimes, because .....
    .... if DND on the phone is pressed and the status is changed and at the same time the caller is "with 1 click", not receiving Queue calls anymore.

Or do you have a single click solution to change Extension Status and not receiving Queue calls ?

Cheers M

5. jasit

jasit New Member

Hey Craig,

I have run into a similar problem at work. so over the past couple of days I have been playing with the xml scripts. here is what I have done.

1)take one of the line buttons and change it to xml browser and point it to your server to DNDStatus.xml and change the Label to DND Off

2)save the xml files attached to your webserver and then edit them to verify that they are pointing to the proper directory on your webserver.

this is just the first run, so I am hoping we can make it even better.

Attached Files:

6. jasit

jasit New Member

I would like to figure out how to change the background so that it has a bigger display of the DND status. This way people can see that the phone is set.

7. craigreilly

Certainly part of a solution -
    Follow this logic.
    1) Goto phone and bring up script. Set yourself to DND.
    2) Phone label changes to DND
    3) now goto MyPhone and change your status to available
    4) Your extension is now available, but the button the phone still shows DND

The button on the phone is no longer showing the correct status. They need MyPhone (or the future clients) to be sending a CTI command to the phone key=DNDOff or key=DNDOn

8. jasit

jasit New Member

I agree, but the nice part is that it no longer prevents the phone from receiving calls. I changed the words from DND ON and DND OFF to DND and AWAY, I also changed it to LINE1, so I can use it on the T32 & T38, kinda forgot about my T32 phones when I created it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.