Can 3CX make an outbound call from DID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SonnyPeas, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonnyPeas

What I am trying to do: Use DIDs to make outgoing calls with their own specific numbers and CIDs. Other products have this option, where I DO NOT have to make separate SIP Trunks for every number.

Is there any way I can do this or will I have to make 9 SIP Trunks for all of my customers?

ei of use;

Dial 9 <number> = CID: Business Location 1, Number <xxx-xxx-xxx1>
    Dial 8 <number>= CID: Business Location 2, Number <xxx-xxx-xxx2>
    Dial 7, so on and so forth

This seems to be the only shortcoming of 3CX and is halting our roll-out.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A DID is a call directed to a specific extension over a trunk group, using of information in the SIP header. If you call out over the same trunk group you are simply displaying the DID number, from the extension placing the call, not calling out on a specific member on that trunk group.
    You will have to enter the number to be displayed in the 3CX extension datafill. Your provider must also allow you to send a caller ID other than the "main billing number" assigned to your service. Some "tweaks" in the outgoing trunk parameters may also be required, depending on your provider.

At this point I don't believe that you can change the outbound caller ID, on a per extension basis through a dial code.

CID is tied to an extension, or to a trunk group.

#2 leejor, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
  3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

This has been requested to set caller id on outbound dial rule. not sure where this stands. there seemed to be a lot of momentum. i thought maybe in next version - but do not recall seeing this in 15.5.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. COM-TEL

I'm using V15.5 and it is there.
    Go to SIP Trunks, choose your trunk and then go to Outbound Parameters and look for "From: User Part" and select ""OutboundCallerID" from the drop down box.
    I am playing around with 3 extensions, each with their own CLI going out over a trunk with a totally different CLI and it works nicely.

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thats a good solution.. Nice one!!
    However we are planning to make outbound caller id PER OUTBOUND RULE. Its in the pipeline but ETA not clear. So bear a bit with us. For sure we need this feature

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flextelecom and jed like this.
  6. craigreilly

This is not the same thing as having a different Outbound ID per Outbound Rule. We already can get different caller ID per Extension no problem - in v 12, 12.5, 14 & 15. Only difference is I have my From: User Part set to ORIGINATOR... so calls that 3cx routes to someones cell phone get the right caller ID - not the Office number.

ie: Everyone has a DID. Someone calls 911. The main number needs to register instead of the persons direct DID as not every one of the 1000 DID's are registered with the Fire Department - only the main number.
    There are plenty more examples. Looks like Nick and his team are on to this need.

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We are indeed.
    This is a much requested feature.
    You will be able to control your outbound caller ID by selecting the outbound rule.

It will nail all outstanding issues.
    You will have an outbound rule that will be able to infuse a specific cid and later we might add variables.

Be patient. Thanks for the support.

jed likes this.
  8. craigreilly

You guys are Rockin' it lately. Glad to see so much interaction in the Ideas forum.

jed likes this.
  9. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes Craig - this one in particular is a good one.
    Thanks for the feedback!!
    Today's release is a powerful one... Update guys!! Many many fixes...

jed likes this.
  10. craigreilly

Nicky, my system is showing as BETA update available.

Installed 15.0.62928.5
    Online 15.5.715.6
    Version 15.5 Build 715

11. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes go to that one.
    Then you will see another beta update (This is the one you made today).
    We can improve this part and show all beta updates so you see that you are 1 step back.

12. craigreilly

So this is my production system. Should I wait for GM/GA?
    Or is RC the same in the 3cx world?

13. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No you can go ahead. These updates will put your pbx in a more advanced state. With a little increment needed for the final. Go ahead. If you have any problems let me know.

14. craigreilly

NB,
    Ok will give it a shot this evening.
    Thanks for your support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.