Can 3cx play with Brother MFC?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KenC, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenC

Is it possible for me to configure my Patton and 3cx so that

Brother Fax (MFC665CW) => Patton 4112 => 3CX so that the
    Brother can pick up if a fax signal comes at the start of the call?

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have a similar model, haven't configured it for a long time, so this is from the top of my head.

I believe the there is both a line in and phone out jack. You should be able to run the phone line to the Brother, then run the phone jack (out) to the Patton. Set the Brother for use with an answering machine. What should happen is that all calls will be monitored by the Brother for a fax tone, if there is one,it should intercept it and cut off the line to the Patton. You will probably have to play around with (delay) , the PSTN answer time on the Patton.

Read the Brother manual on the various configurations, and how they recommend setting it up (number of rings) when you plug an answering machine into it.

3. KenC

Got it to receive faxes, but at the cost of ringing through 3cx( ie dg picks up immediately).

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that is going to happen, it's designed to be used with an answering machine or a single line phone.. The Brother won't "hear" an incoming fax, and then cut off the line, until the phone line is answered by the gateway. What you can do is not use that phone number for incoming voice calls. Set the gateway so that that line is a separate trunk group, then set the gateway to never send that call onto 3CX. If the new trunk is added as a second choice, outbound route in 3CX it will still be there, for overflow, if all other trunks are busy.

5. KenC

thanks, again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.