Can 3CX work for this solution?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by APearce, May 18, 2007.

1. APearce

Hi,

I am currently looking for a Windows based IP PBX. So, so far so good.

However, the services i am wanting to use in this solution are very focused. There will be no hardware or software phones.

I am wanting to be able to setup x number of extensions (all mapped to external numbers) and when that external number (thus the extension) is dialled i want the call forwarded to another external number.

Can 3CX do that? And what sort of restrictions might we come across?

Many Thanks

2. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

Hi,

This is quite easily doable.

Take for example a scenario where you want multiple foreign numbers (e.g. GERMANY, ENGLAND, US) to be redirected to a mobile phone.

You would need calls going to the foreign numbers to reach your PBX and your PBX would need to setup a call to your mobile phone when those foreign numbers are dialled. The PBX would act purely as a 'man in the middle'. You can choose any medium you like but most likely (at least in this case) you will need a VoIP Service Provider account for the foreign numbers and another account with the lowest tariffs possible (possibly a VSP in the same country) to call up your mobile phone. You could also alternativly use a physical Gateway device to make these (2nd leg) calls.

In the PBX you would configure the VoIP provider accounts and set them to forward to an extension (e.g. extension 100). This extension would be used for forwarding purposes only and no phone would register against it. You would then need to set that extension to forward all calls to any outside number you like. You can choose which gateway the call will go out on depending on the outbound rule you create.

3. APearce

That sounds like just what i need.

My next question would be....can i setup these call forwards via an SDK or API of some sort? They would only be required to be setup before hand, not in realtime as the calls come in.

thanks for any info.

Arran